Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do if your...

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What will you do if your dev manager is on holiday? or your Dev Team Lead is on holiday? Or your good buddy functional is on holiday? Do you still continue your ABAP task? or just start celebration...?

Another day of boredom sets in for me... my boss is away on summer vacation...

Will. Wilstroth...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Go get a cup of coffee, and start skimming through SDN...

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is ur boss too strict ?? When he is not there you like to celebrate???

Here we have a free environment work is more imp than boss. So whether the boss is there or not If work is there then we have to work hard to meet deadlines. If no work vice-versa we can leave office within 6 hours( Actually we will swipe card and go out enjoy and come later after 6 hours and sign out ) and mean time we can spend any where we want .......

Regards

sas

Ps:Its been 3 years with this organisation so far never found a single day to do like that for me always work work. I have given examples of other project mets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have in theory all that free time?! Wonderful! What company do you work for?

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I am working for Product based company (infact end-user company) which is located globally I used to support for Europe,US,ASIA pacific zones.

I didnt understnad what do you mean by 'theory of free all the time'...Didnt you see my ps?

Regards

sas

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good ideas... hahahaha... i can pick one or two ideas from you guys...

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This:

http://api.ning.com/files/vIN6VjqKtmvyj7j*jHBaLKGwqG7oGbG-z06pMpunJvplUfmQpNMj-BSvAZwOcemSChZy6gFzaA...

No really, I do the same thing as always. Developing complicated stuff which I then thrash because the client suddenly wants something completely different. Feels good man.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I send my bosses emails with links to my postings on these forums.

As a freelancer, if I have no work to do, I stay home and do something more interesting.

Edited by: Matt on Jun 6, 2011 11:44 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No matter who is there or not, if there is no SAP issue to attend, I will be in SDN forum for two purposes. One is to moderate the forum and the other one is to take some useful inputs from there.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem dates back to as early as ancient Roman times when there were no enemies left anymore and the legions were left with little option other than to polish their helmets all day long.

Possibly the Greeks even experienced it and started arguing in a systematic way which produced some documentation at least.

IMO the neanderthals chiefs had the best philosophy about this - a little bit of perpetual timeout and eternal patience goes a long way because the others will sooner or later make a mess of it anyway unless it is intuitively included into the standard...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me? I work extra hard so that my manager looks good to his superiors when he gets back.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you could spend some time collaborating with SCN. You'll have a lot of fun writing blogs and answering questions in the forum, don't you think?l

Former Member
0 Kudos

LOL.... :D...