cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easyDMS - Private & Public folder creation - Error Message no. 1R579

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want you to validate my approach for creating Public and Private folders in DMS.

Create a document type FLD,assign number range as "internal or external number assignment",set internal and external number range.

Now when i login in easyDMS and try to create a Public and Private folder i get a error as follows

An error occurred when calling module SCMS_DOC_CREATE_FILES

Message no. 1R579

Could anyone pls tell how to avoid this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The document type should be "FOL" and not "FLD".

Use the standard document type "FOL" you don't have to define an additional document type for folders

Khaled

Edited by: Khaled Kammoun on Jun 7, 2011 1:31 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

based on your mentioned error message it seems that you try to checkin some files in this folder document info record. Because the mentioned SCMS function module is mainly used when files are attached to document info records and stored in a content server.

Generally from EasyDMS design point of view the folder documents should not contain files. These document info records are

the header and the original files should be stored in separate document info records which are added to this folder.

Regarding the 'Public' and 'Private' folders I would like to inform you that normally the 'Public Folder' is created by EasyDMS and the document number of it should be 'EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER'. The 'Private Folder' is created when an user logs on to EasyDMS for the first time. Then the system checks if there is already a private folder for this user and if not, the user is asked to create one. The number of the private folder is the userID.

Best regards,

Christoph