Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS work flow!

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts!

Could you please guide me some basic knowledge about ESS work flow? I would like to know where can I check Absence condition as same as Userexit in ECC, because the requirement is: have to check kind of Subtype of absence and then give message to inform user.

And the second question is How can I show Team calendar on ESS in order display absences of employees in one's org or subordinates.

And last complicated requirement: Please read example below:

There are 2 Manager A and B. And Manger B controls 100PF with the relationship A002 from their positions. But this month manager B will be absent. So 100PF have to send leave request to manager A, How can I deploy on ESS? My customer want: only maintain temporary relationship between B and A: assuming A311 in 1 month, and after maintaining like that, all leave requests from 100PF will be sent automatically to manager A, not B.

Please help me! I am really appreciated by giving points for anyone who can help me!

Regards!

Woody.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Woody,

hope you are doing good.

Firstly : Table V_T554S_WEB , for Absence Types.

SPRO --> PM-ESS-Service specific settings-Record working time-Select allowed Absence Types.

Second requirement I guess is fundamental for Portal folks, you can get it with your Portal guys if you are Functional guy.

Third one, works with Delegation ie,

Whenever one Mgr is on Leave or not present, all the requests flowing into his Task List should be routed to his delegated

position on same level. so the Workflow will look at the current Manager Obj ID and the RSHIPS , if the OBJID passes Vacant , then it will check the delegated OBJID and the respective RSHIP of that delegated position , it can be Z RSHIP.

Even some requirements will ask for one up manager or two up manager approvals also, not only the same level delegation.

hope I sound sane.

Regards

Rohit.S

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback Rohit.S!

1st point: maybe you don't understand what I mean. I know where I configure Absence type to show on ESS. The point I want to know it: How can I interup the checking process of SAP? The same way we can deploy on ECC - Userexit. I mean whenever user apply leave, I want to check:

if Absence Type is ( assuming) AAAA, and the total leave days registered under 10days, the program will show the error message with content: " You cannot apply AAAA under 10days, please choose BBBB to register your leave period".

2nd. We dont have any portal guy, could you please give me more detail or any documents.

3nd: I don't understand what you mean. Could you please give step by step? How can I deploy to satisfy my customer's requirements?

Regards!

Woody.

Answers (0)