cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg : edit and delete buttons in ess family app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i need to find the view and coding which is related to ess family members app where this edit and delete buttons are available in wdjava app.where we can see this buttons on the portal screen.

As i need to make this button invisible on the screen and it should be applicable for all the users.

can any one please help me to come out of this .

Thanks & Regards

Deepika

Edited by: deepika_indian on Jun 2, 2011 8:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

These buttons are generated in a java class called CreateOverview inside the FcPersInfo component inside the main ess~per DC. If you need to only hide the button and see that it is not available to any user, you can achieve this directly by doing a personalization on the ESS iView in the portal (pressing the Ctrl + right click of the mouse) and hide the buttons. See that you do this personalization using Admin rights so that it is applicable to all users. Also make sure you enable the checkbox saying the iView is not allowed to be personalized by end users.

Let me know if you need any further information as we've done this recently in one of the projects.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vaishnavi

i am very thankful forur response,but can u plz explain me in detail.Actually i am working for family members DC essinfamsap.com not for DCper .

More over in this Dc i dnt find button visible on view layout.

according to your reply if make enable the checkbox saying the iView is not allowed to be personalized by end users.

But the user is not modify the values in portal screen.

but he is making modification in PA30 where he added new child or changed the name of child in r/3 side.

when he do this agin buttons are visible on the screen even after personalizing the iview with admin id .

can u please guide me in it.

Thanks & Regards

Deepika

Edited by: deepika_indian on Jun 2, 2011 10:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepika,

Just now I have replicated your scenario.

It was working fine for me.

I made Edit button as invisible. And made this change as final (upper right corner check box..I guess u have also done the same).

Then applied this change.

Now I logged into R/3 PA30 and changed details of this user....

Then logged back to portal....and edit button was not there...

Please follow SAP note I pasted earlier...properly...

and try also making that checkbox checked for "Final:"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

The solution to hide the delete button is only temporary from the portal. Like you said, if you actually make changes for that user in the backend, the buttons come back.

One solution is to try and create all the different subtypes you might be dealing with family members, get back on to the portal and hide all the necessary buttons as said before. Delete the stuff from the backend and check the portal again and then add everything in the backend and check again. If I'm right, we tried this and it worked.

The second and permanent solution is to modify the createOverview() method in the OverviewHelper.java file as I said before. The buttons are not visible anywhere on the view as they are dynamically generated in this particular java file. This file exists in the standard used DC essper. The familyper DC that you are working on should have this as a used DC. But it is advisable not to touch the main ess~per DC at all. So what we did was copied the OverviewHelper.java file into our DC and renamed it and made the necessary changes here. In the doModify method of your view, you will see that there is a call to the createOverview() method from this file. Replace it to call the createOverview method from the new file that you have copied.

We had to do a lot of changes here 'cuz the whole application stopped working once we got this file into the DC. But if you need a permanent solution, we saw this was the only way out.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

I am doing personalization by using Team Viewer.if i do the personalization by using Team viewer whether it will reflect or not.

And more over the path what i have mentioned in my previous mail is that correct to personalize the family members iview.

note :Please check with the child subtype this problem is coming for child subtype only were when the user enters new child in the table by using pa30 tcode .That time i am getting buttons visible on portal screen for that new child which is added recently in r/3

Can u please guide me.

Thanks & Regards

Deepika.M

Edited by: deepika_indian on Jun 2, 2011 3:13 PM

Edited by: deepika_indian on Jun 2, 2011 3:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepika...

What is happening is...

When a child is added a subgroupcontainer_1 is created, then we disable Edit button. But when a second child is added a subgroupcontainer_2 is created and the Edit button is enable.

Now, when you login to portal....you will find 2 child records...

one 1st record...i guess you must not be able to find edit button for this child...

but on second record...you will get a edit button.....

Look to hide edit button all together.....in this case you will have to edit java code in web dynpro............

Or there could be a workaround.....(this is a very wild guess....but atleast give it a try...as nothing else seems to work...rite..)

Now, I havnt, tested on what I am about to write...but I somehow feel that it should work....

I will surely test it when I will be in office after this weakend....

Login with different user that has admin irights..

and add 10 childs ....or more or less (if SAP supports less childs)...

now under personalization....hide edit button for all childs......as you have been doing before....

now test this application for any other user.....

and believe that he/she will not have more than 10 children.....

keep adding childs from r/3 and moniter...if edit button is getting displayed or not for every child....

however it willl get displayed for 11th child......

If it works.....then observe worse case scenario for country that you are implementing......

and add as many child....and hide them all from personalization..............

=====================================================

If above solution does not work....then

try under SPRO Tcode.....

Service-Specific Settings->Define Active Subtypes and Application Case

try to find out some combination there.......

Edited by: Saurabh Agarwal on Jun 2, 2011 11:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepti...

I have tested the scenario that I suggested you....

And it is working for me...

You need to add as many child as possible...and then from admin rights(ofcoarse same user) make all of edit button for them invisible.....make them final also..

now for every new user...this edit button will not appear until he reaches the limit... (of maximum childs you added with your test user )....so for safe side add lot of child with your test user...

But this is a workaround only....

proper way of doing it is through java code level...as Vaishnavi suggested you earlier........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

ya the issue is done by the below approach wat you suggested me thank you very much for your response..

Thanks & Regards

Deepika.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

But deepika be very careful.....if you are following this approach....

Point to remember is...

For all InfoSubTypes (Child, Sporse, Guardian, father, mother etc...) Edit button will not be displayed until it reaches the limit you decided while hiding them.....

If an employee adds a wife...then that too would not conatin an edit button.....

Edit button that you are hiding using this approach is not specific to Child Infosubtype....

For..eg. You added 10 child with your admin user id and hide them with personalization....

Now user adds 3 child and 1 wife....

Now total Edit hide count reaches 4...

So check your requirement...if they want edit button to be hidden for all InfoSubTypes....then this approach could be fine.....

otherwise....do it through code level modification......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This i am doing for all the subtypes .

Thanks & Regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh

can u plz chk my other post its related to adding of structuer fields on to portal standard screen .

can u please guide me in this.

Thanks & regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Mam...I have read it...but that I have not done before.....I havnt' modified such scenario....Keep hanging on there...By American office timimgs you will get reply......

And you can award me more points (Very helpful answer) in current thread infact... 😛

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

i have awarded points for the current thread .please chk it.

Thanks & regards

Deepika

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK....open your role in PCD....

in role navigate to the page "Family member/Dependents" that you are using...

Preview it...

Now in preview application....place your mouse on button that you want to hide....

Right click it while pressing control key on keyboard (Ctrl + Right Click)

in popup window....select invisible....

See if this works for your scenario.....test it properly once done....trying different user Ids....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have done it but there is is problem when the user modify the child record in pa30 or add new record in pa30 again i am getting fields visible in the portal screen.

And the process wat u have said in ur reply i used it ,but it is not applying for all the users .

Do i need to assign any role for all the end users who want this personalization to be applicable.

can u please help me in this

Thanks & Regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepika....

This will happen if not done properly...

SAP has defined a very specific process to do this task...

Please refer SAP note 1234273.

Please check that you have followed each and every step of this note...There is a PDF/PPt attached in this note....u need to refer that one....

revert back if this does not work.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Even i personalised the role under below path

contentadmin->contentprovidedbysap->endusercontent-employeeselfservice->roles->opened employee self service role and previewed the family members application iview and personalized and checked end user personalization not available for users where this check box is available on the preview screen.

but when the user add in pa30 child record again buttons are visible on the screen.

The sap note not helped.

can u please help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

You havnt' read my previous reply...

Along with " checked end user personalization "

Also try checking "Final" check box......

Edited by: Saurabh Agarwal on Jun 2, 2011 2:01 PM