how to do transports in BI7..
WE HAVE A REQUIREMEN to transport a new report from dev to prod. the data flow is we have an infoset defined on 1 cube and 4 dso's , out of these 5 infoproviders 1 dso is not there in production, the info set is not there in production and the report is also not there.
Can anyone help how to transport that report from dev to prod , what should be the order in which we have to transport.
how to tranport the infoset and dso and the report.
also how is the data source transported..
we have all the objects in production except the report , infoset and the dso.
Please help me how to do the transports , step by step with all the tcodes involved
Vishal Sanghvi replied
1. Create your request in SE01 in R/3 (R/3 transports) & in BI (for BI Transports).
Assign the request while saving the object. Package will be assigned to you by Basis.
Go to Object Directory Entry (search in menu bar options) & change this from $TMP to the package that you have been assigned by Basis. Then create the transport request from as well.
2. Customizing request: this is a Client (SAP Client) specific request
- Normally in Dev we may have 2 clients for the same system.
- One client is used for Customizing the changes & the other may contain some test data
- The customizing request is copied between these 2 clients
This is then transported to the next system
Workbench request: This is not client specific & is also used for transports
3. Normally package is assigned by Basis for particular projects. Please ask the basis team for this.
We can create this, but normally basis creates this.
4. Datasource in R/3 Dev needs to be transported to R/3 Prod. What is the custom data source that you have made?
You may have to see if the user postings have to be stopped for this or not.
After you have activated the data source in R/3 Dev, replicate this in BI Dev & capture the active version in a transport in BI Dev as well.
After transporting the data source to R/3 Prod, replicate this in BI.
Send the transport of the active version from BI Dev to BI Prod after replication.