Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Dtp failure in processchain

Hi Folks,

In my process chain dtp failure occur. There are totally 21 data packages are in my dtp. In out of 21 datapackages, 2

datapackages went to short dump. Remaining 19 datapackages fine.Because of that 2 data packages my DTP overall

status goes to RED. That DTP is in full update mode.

Now my question is,

1) When I right click on that DTP, it will show one option REPAIR. Pls explain that Repair option. what scenario that repair option used?

2) After Rectifying error, when i agin load data to target, is it necessary delete that previous red request in target or not?

Pls give me solution asap

If the error in the data package is due to a short dump & nothing to do with the consistency of data, please check what resulted in the dump. Normally its because of the data size or non-availability of resources to update the data into the target.

You'll see an option to manually update the data into the target without having to repair or repeat the load.

Go to the Monitor screen of the DTP & see if there is a icon with green tick mark after the refresh button.

Use that to update the data.

It is used when a load fails. In your case, you can try what i have said or try repairing it in the chain.

Whenever the DTP fails due to consistency in data, you'll have to delete the request from the target before correcting the data.

Once the data is corrected, repeat the step in the chain & the load will commence.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question