cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dtp failure in processchain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

In my process chain dtp failure occur. There are totally 21 data packages are in my dtp. In out of 21 datapackages, 2

datapackages went to short dump. Remaining 19 datapackages fine.Because of that 2 data packages my DTP overall

status goes to RED. That DTP is in full update mode.

Now my question is,

1) When I right click on that DTP, it will show one option REPAIR. Pls explain that Repair option. what scenario that repair option used?

2) After Rectifying error, when i agin load data to target, is it necessary delete that previous red request in target or not?

Pls give me solution asap

Tha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the error in the data package is due to a short dump & nothing to do with the consistency of data, please check what resulted in the dump. Normally its because of the data size or non-availability of resources to update the data into the target.

You'll see an option to manually update the data into the target without having to repair or repeat the load.

Go to the Monitor screen of the DTP & see if there is a icon with green tick mark after the refresh button.

Use that to update the data.

Repair:

It is used when a load fails. In your case, you can try what i have said or try repairing it in the chain.

Whenever the DTP fails due to consistency in data, you'll have to delete the request from the target before correcting the data.

Once the data is corrected, repeat the step in the chain & the load will commence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for ur reply.

But i could not find green tick mark in dtp monitor. how to rectify that error in dtp level?

as u said before loading data to target, delete previous red request at target level, but this is full update dtp. it take long time to

load data again. what should i do?

Thanks for advance

Regards

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let us know what is the error for the failed data packet.

Right click on the failed data packet and see the 'Display messages' to see the error.

If its a short dump, please go to transaction ST22 to see the run time errors.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manusath,

DTP failed with dump,then you can use the st22 t-code to analyze the dump what its all about.

Yes you need to delete the previous red request,otherwise if you try to run the dtp it wont allow throw an error message that previous request is red.

When you are running the dtp again activate the error dtp,which will collect the bad data that you can later move to target by running the error dtp.

THanks,

Deepak

Edited by: Deepak Machal on Jun 3, 2011 7:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tha,

Please check ST22 for the dump and understand where the problem is like..with data or in start routine or end routine etc..

If no dump then please check the error stack for any error records.If you see any error records activate error DTP and complete the load.After the load fix the error records and run error DTP also.This will fix the issue.

if you don't see any of the above then just try repeating the DTP.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

Kindly find the answers below :

1) When I right click on that DTP, it will show one option REPAIR. Pls explain that Repair option. what scenario that repair option used?

Repair DTP is used to repairt the failed load.......It means it will repair the existing failed load like Error DTP.....This will help ypyou to save time......instead of starting it from the scratch..........

If you delete the bad request from the target you will get the Repeat option ....

Once your analysis is done....you need to repair the load..

2) After Rectifying error, when i agin load data to target, is it necessary delete that previous red request in target or not?

Yes, to repeat a load first you have to delete the bad request for the target....

Otherwise, when you will repeat the load it will again fail.....I forgot the exact error message........but it will fail......

But to Repair you don't need to delete the existing request......

Regards,

Debjani..

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you repair,

the red request itself is processed again and after successful completion request becomes green,

If you delete the red request and run the dtp again,

all the packages that successfully processed will be processed again.