Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QRFC FM does not work

0 Kudos

Dear All exports, I built a remote-Enabled Fm 'ZIWS_PO_STOPCHANGE_UPDATE' ,to update the po confirmation with BDC, Step A,I call the Fm in normal way, it is ok, i can update the po confirmation.

CALL FUNCTION 'SWW_WIM_RFC_DESTINATION_GET'
      IMPORTING
        WORKFLOW_DESTINATION       = l_rfcdest.
*   Update Po confirmation
    CALL FUNCTION 'ZIWS_PO_STOPCHANGE_UPDATE'
      TABLES
        i_data        = I_DATA.

STEP 2. when i call the FM in remote module , it did not work.
    CALL FUNCTION 'SWW_WIM_RFC_DESTINATION_GET'
      IMPORTING
        WORKFLOW_DESTINATION       = l_rfcdest.
*   Update NC
    CALL FUNCTION 'ZIWS_PO_STOPCHANGE_UPDATE'
      IN BACKGROUND TASK AS SEPARATE UNIT
      DESTINATION l_rfcdest
      TABLES
        i_data        = I_DATA.
We need to call the FM in the second way ,Pleae advise suggestion , thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EricZhao,

1) I am not sure if you have a "COMMIT WORK" after the RFC call, if not please do so.

2) If after adding the "COMMIT WORK" you don't see the changes in the target system, go to Tcode SM58 and check if you have a log here for your RFC.

3) Also, since you are calling the FM as Separate unit, i presume that subsequent/preceding calls are independent of each other.

Note: I say go to SM58 as i do not see the code with which you set the Queue, but in case you didn't paste it in the post, you need to look at SMQ1 Tcode.

Regards,

Chen

Edited by: Chen K V on Jun 2, 2011 4:40 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks all the same. For the commit work , we use the FM in a user exit ,so we can not use the commit work . For the qRFC , i can only use t-code SMQ1 find the queue ,but not SM58 . Now seems the FM is working but have some buge , i can not debuge the queue with the debuge LUW command in SMQ1 , when I click debuge LUW , the screen output ''Nothing was selected ' . I never change the code , but in the second call module , it face some issue . and i can not debuge it. Is there any diffrence between this two way when the program was runing ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. check the RFC destination which you are passng is working fine.

2. user used in the RFC destination is having the authorization to exeute the RFC function modukles.

3. if you are calling the FM from other system then check all the paramters you passed to the function module are passed by value only.

0 Kudos

Hi EricZhao,

Yes you need to look at SMQ1,

Now seems the FM is working but have some buge ,

What makes you think there is a bug in the FM, do you see a failed entry in SMQ1? If so double click on the status tab and check the error message.

i can not debuge the queue with the debuge LUW command in SMQ1 , when I click debuge LUW , the screen output ''Nothing was selected ' .

Are you selecting the corresponding entry before you click on debug LUW?

Regards,

Chen