cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CE 7.2 Installation Error - OS Collector is not running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install SAP CE 7.2 under Window XP Prof. SP3.

During the installation - Step 22 - Starting J2EE Engine. Thee is an error occurred and the installation process stopped.

I noticed that there are couple errors that shown the server is not able to connect to message server.

When I open the sapmmc, I found these error messages under server instance status:

- OS Collector is not running.

The strange thing is I cannot find SAPOSCOL in service.msc and also under /usr/ .. folder. Not sure i supposed to install saposcol during CE 7.2 installation process.

Not sure it is related to Firewall (I read from another post that Firewall should be disabled), but the firewall is controlled by Group Policy.

Truly appreciate if you can advise me how to fix this problem.

===========================

WARNING 2011-xxxxxx [iaxxcmsclient.cpp:93]

CIaMsgClient::CIaMsgClient(xxxxxxx, 3901)

Connect to message server (xxxxxx/3901) failed: MSENILAYER.

ERROR 2011-xxxxxx CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

CJS-30150 Java processes of instance CE7/J00 [Java: MSNOTRUNNING] did not reach state STARTING after 20:00 minutes. Giving up.

ERROR 2011-xxxxxx [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:988]

FCO-00011 The step startJava with step key |NW_Java_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_StartJava|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|startJava was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Java processes of instance CE7/J00 [Java: MSNOTRUNNING] did not reach state STARTING after 20:00 minutes. Giving up.).

===========================

KC

Edited by: KC on Jun 3, 2011 3:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

if you need to install SAPOSCOL manually you can fin dthe instruction in Note 436186:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/436186

Regards.

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. The SAPOsCol is not installed together with the CE7.2 installer.

I downloaded the SAPOsCol installer (Support Package SAP KERNEL 6.10 32-BIT Windows Server on IA32 32bit #Database independent).

I installed it with the following command:

"ntscmgr.exe install SAPOsCol -b C:\usr\sap\CE7\SYS\exe\run\saposcol.exe -p

service" , started it, and confirmed it is running in Windows Services (Administrator Tool --> Services).

I re-running the SAP CE 7.2 installer with existing profile, and wait at Step 22 - Start J2EE Engine now.

Will let you know if it goes through.

Thanks for advise,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, The OS Collector is working now. But encountered another page size related error which I have identified the root cause. I will post another question with the with right title. Thanks for resolving this OS Collector related issue.

Thanks,

KC

Answers (0)