cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions about PI 7.3 AEX

former_member186158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1, I import the PI 7.0 configuration objects to PI 7.3 AEX , but all the objects are not support, and not visible. How can I find them, and delete them.

2,The PI GUI Tool, ES Repository and Integration Directory window is always on top, untill I minimize it.

do you have this problem?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is a parameter to identify PI system type, PI or PI_AEX

NikiScaglione
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The only objects that are not automatically imported are the communication channels since they are using different Adapter Metadata, but this is normal, and you can easily adjust these.

I have no issue using java version 6 update 24 for running AEX ESR and IB. Just take care to use IE while accessing Configuration and Monitoring Home and NWA.

Kind Regards,

Niki

Edited by: Niki Scaglione on Jun 6, 2011 1:07 PM

former_member186158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lots. The second problem resolved.

Let me explain the first problem.

I import PI 7.0 configuration objects to the PI 7.3 AEX, such as Receiver Determination, Interface Determination, Sender agreement, receiver agreement.

You should know the AEX only support Integrated Configuration, So They are not visible in ID, But Activated.

So how to delete these objects?

Thanks again for any suggestion.

NikiScaglione
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately as you mentioned, activation is possible but it is not usefull since objects are not visible. Indeed I expected transport of objects might be possible from old PI release (PI 7.11) but it is not.

Considering communication channels need to be adjusted manually in any case, then I would prefer to create directly ICO configuration for scenarios.

Kind Regards,

Niki

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. If they were not activated successfully, you can remove the related Change List on ESR.

2. What is the JDK being used on the client? Try running on different JDK versions (1.5, 1.6) and check if the behavior is the same.