Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to adding new operation and trigger PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

I am seeking an opinion and recommendation:

We have a process flow where we need to create a purchase order when we reach a specific operation in the routing. This purchase order is send to a external vendor that gets information to arrive to the factory and finsh an operation.

The routing consist of 4 operations:

010 assembly,

020 - testing,

030 - machine polish(triggers the PO to the vendor when operation 20 is confirmed),

040 - packing and the milestone.

Normally the routing only consist of 3 steps - assembly, packing and testing. but for these special machines we add the extra operation to have the machine cleaned. We need to have a solution for how the new operation can be added to the routing and in the same time trigger a Purchase requistion.

Thanks.

tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use external processing functionality. In operation 30, you need to use the external processing control key (typically PP02). You'd also need to maintain purchasing data such info record, etc in this operation. Once this set up is made, upon production order save, an external processing purchase requisition will be created (with account assignment 'F').

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gorla,

Thanks for you feedback.

two questions:

1 - currently the routing of this material consists of only three operations (i.e. 0010 - Assembly, 0020 - Testing in Production, 0030 - Packing). So if I want to adding in this subcon operation (ie. machine polish) to the between 0020 and 0030, I will have to adding it manually. Will this cause problem? sorry I am not a PP person.

2 - may i know the "external processing control key" you mention is the technical field PLPOD-STEUS appear in the "Display Routing: Operation Overview" screen in CA03?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add a new operation and I firmly believe that you can assign the control key (which will be PP02) in this operation as well. Typically, external processing operations are factored into the routing however, you still should be able to add this operation in the order.

Answers (0)