cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Based Application Single Sign on With Enterprise Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Developers,

My question is really a two part question so forgive me in advance for asking in one post as I think they are relative to each other. My project is currently exlporing the creation of functionality that will allow the following:

1. We want to allow a secure Web Based application possessing the abilitiy to auithenticate the user into Enterprise Portal and by passing the login screen to get to a landing page/iview in our Enterprise Portal instannce.

2. We want the abilitity to perform a check of the user and create the user in the enterprise portal on the fly if they do not already exist.

So far in my research I've come across tools and white papers mentioning the use rof oAuth and OpenID. Is that the right way to tackle these two items. Thanks for your help in advance.

JD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yogesh_galphade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. You can do SSO between you application and portal using Verisign or third party authentication tool. I am not pretty sure how landing page and all will work as you mentioned.

As portal is web based, you can deply your application in portal server. So that you will not need any other authentication tool.Also you can save effort , cost.

2. By deploying application in portal also you do not have to concentrate on User management, which is itself a huge effort you have to put. Else you can go for third party tools like Identity management or ADS.

-Yogesh