Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

GLM - Spool management - Slow printing standard - High Volume Printing??

I've seen a couple OSS notes referencing performance on Spool management for GLM, but I need to ask about HVP.. I was told this was the only way to allow the printing of sequence or serial number processing to print quicker..

Here is my issue. We have used serial numbers symbols on our labels with the following configuration to allow the label to print in sequential order based on the number of labels needed.

Meaning if we have 10 labels to print, we use this serial number symbol to print 1 of 10, 2 of 10, 3 of 10, etc...

Here is the symbol code we have on our template.

@TD_LBLSRN(ID=02EHS_SERNO1) of @TD_SRNEND(ID=02EHS_SERNO1)

Now by doing this, it slows the printing of the label considerably. Without this, labels print 1 every 2 seconds or so, but with the serial number sequence, it prints 1 label every 20-30 second and we print thousand of labels at a time. So it takes a really long time.. The issue is the labels and the serial number sequence is being spooled up and basically printing a label after WWI process the 1 of 10, then processes 2 of 10, then etc...

How can we speed this up? I heard HVP, but this solution is extremely expensive.. Is there any other solution?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question