cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic refresh of client dimension members

shawn_mahoney
Explorer
0 Kudos

Does version 7.5 automatically refresh client dimension members? We are converting from 4.2 and you were prompted that this needed to occur. In our testing of the 7x versions we've had users complain that not all of the dimensions were updated with the newest members.

Please advise. thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's a specific example. I am an administrator and I add a dimension member and process the dimension. A user logs in after the processing and cannot see the new member (even thought they have rights) unless they "refresh dimension members" from eTools, or got to "Client Options" and reinitialize.

We also seem to b having an issue where data is sent to the cube and it is not immediately avaialbe for viewing by the users. Again this was not an issue in 4.2.

Any input would be appreciated. thanks

=============================================================

I see,

This should not be an issue in 7.5, if it is true, please raise a ticket to SAP Support.

Before you go over the escalation, be sure the following.

1. Try same testing in clean machine, I mean the client might be corrupted, so just to insure the client installation, try same testing in clean machine.

2. Be sure your the user testing is performed in seperate machine

Hope this helps,

YH Seo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Please check if this happens for all users or only to specific users.

If this happens for all users, then try to restart the SQL Services and BPC services and then process the appset.

If this happens for specific users, check if they have the right version of the .NET Framework installed in the client machine.

Hope this helps.

Karthik AJ.

shawn_mahoney
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here's a specific example. I am an administrator and I add a dimension member and process the dimension. A user logs in after the processing and cannot see the new member (even thought they have rights) unless they "refresh dimension members" from eTools, or got to "Client Options" and reinitialize.

We also seem to b having an issue where data is sent to the cube and it is not immediately avaialbe for viewing by the users. Again this was not an issue in 4.2.

Any input would be appreciated. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you be more specific on the meaning of "Automatic"?

If you mean the dim is up to date automatically without launching any feature or re-logon, the answer would be "NO"

The dim is not up to date unless you launch "Update dimension member" Or re-logon. The dim is updated with the synchronization feature OR re-logon.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

YH Seo