cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload PR/PO Historical data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to upload the SAP PR/PO historical data from one system to another SAP system

I have all relevant data table down loads from old system. Now I need to upload this PR/PO historical data into New SAP system

there is no link between Old SAP system and New SAP system, both are owned by different orgnizations/owners

Immediate replies will be appreciated

Thanks & Regards

Raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Data Transfer functionality to transfer PR and PO data to SAP system.

SPRO -> Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Data Transfer -> Data Transfer PR and PO

You would need to generate the file in specific required format and align the field mapping and process the files.

Hope this is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to load closed PO's from legacy? or, old PO's with open GRs and invoices?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use BAPI, BDC or EDI to load POs into SAP. Typically, BAPI BAPI_PO_CREATE is used via LSMW.

But, you still have to identify what historical PO's you want to load. Usually, POs with open GRs and invoices are transferred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more answers? t

yes, I want to load closed PO's from legacy? & old PO's with open GRs and invoices

Thanks

Raju

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Loading of PO's with transactions is problematic, since the follow-on documents can't be loaded. If it is completely closed PO and you load it to the new system, you shall block it - otherwise it will be considered in SAP.

If you load a PO with GR > IR, the GR's can't be loaded, which means the invoice posted against this PO will remain unbalanced. You can of course close the PO by using MR11, but I think it is much easier just to skip this PO and register the coming invoice directly in FI.

If you load a PO with IR > GR, the IR's can be loaded, which means that the coming GR will make the PO remain unbalanced. So here I would suggest skipping this order too and registering the coming GR without reference to the PO (mvt 501).

In all my projects we only migrated completely "naked" PO's and besides, tried to minimise the number of such orders - let the buyers purchase more and complete the orders before the cut-over date - they can do it. In such case the number of open orders will normally be that low that it won't justify automatic migration. On the other hand, enetering the orders in the new system manually will be a good training for the buyers.

If the reason for loading the closed PO's is having purchasing statisics in the new system, then this can be done very easily by updating the corresponding LIS tables directly (S011, S012). Another tip is to load the data both to the version 000 (actual data) and to some other version in these tables, so that you will always be able to copy them to 000 again whenever you need to reload LIS for some reason.

BR

Raf

Edited by: Rafael Zaragatzky on Jun 3, 2011 8:28 PM