cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm in implementation project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam currently configuring charm in implementation project. We do not have QA and PRD systems build yet.

I have created transport routes DEV>VQA>VPR ie with QA and PRD as virtual systems.

Now how do I add this as virtual systems in logical component. If I create entry in SMSY manually, tomorrow when my QA and PRD systems are available, how do I change it?

Regards,

S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam,

Use tcode smsy_setup.

In Automatic Data Transfer, use Transport Management System (TMS) / RFC and execute (F8).

This way, you'll get a logical component for your virtual system.

You can make sure of it in the header of your product system, that the "Virtual System (TMS)" checkbox is active.

When you have replaced your virtual with real system, maintain in stms, and then again use procedure above to automagically transform your virtual landscape into real one.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For demo system you can create three additional clients say 100>dev, 100> QA, 300> PRD and 500> solution manager ( that will be your original client).

you can create logical component for the same in SMSY and also you need to set up the transport route accordingly.

you can test the entire charm functionality this way.

When you would be having your actual systems you can create another logical component and project for the real scenario in solution manager and adjust the transport routes and you can still keep the demo system active alongwith real system scenario in case you want that.

Regards,

Sarita