cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension forumula - Category plus Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a Category that will add Actuals for two months so something like:

[actual],[2011.jan] + [actual],[2011.feb]

I can't get it to work just doing

*[actual] , [2011.jan]*

does work but any idea how i can get the dimension formula to combine 2 months and 2 categories?

Thanks!

Edited by: sapbpc70 on Jun 1, 2011 9:37 PM

Edited by: sapbpc70 on Jun 1, 2011 9:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think it is possible with Dimension Logic since they are across dimensions.

Why don't you use modeling logic instead, it can be implemented with script logic. You can make model that across dimensions.

Regards,

YH Seo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can definitely have MDX statements in the dimension logic with members from 2 dimensions. You can try

([CATEGORY].[ACTUAL],[TIME].[2011.JAN])+([CATEGORY].[ACTUAL],[TIME].[2011.FEB])

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding to my question. I've gone ahead with your suggestion and used this formula

([CATEGORY].[ACTUAL],[TIME].[2011.JAN])+([CATEGORY].[ACTUAL],[TIME].[2011.FEB])

When i run an EVDRE it only brings in the data for JAN. So it seems like the 2nd part of the statement is not being recognized

+([CATEGORY].[ACTUAL],[TIME].[2011.FEB]) 

I've tried a variety of different combinations but they either error out or have no effect. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try the below statement:

SUM({[TIME].[2011.JAN],[TIME].[2011.FEB]},[CATEGORY].[[ACTUAL])

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, this formula and variations of it are erroring out when I try and process the Category dimension - Parser: The end of the input was reached. If you guys think of anything let me know. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try the below:

SUM({[TIME].[2011.JAN],[TIME].[2011.FEB]},[CATEGORY].[ACTUAL])

There was an additional square bracket in front of ACTUAL, which I have removed.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good idea - but unfortunately it didn't work either:

The following syntax error occurred during parsing: Invalid token, Line 1, Offset 44, [.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is strange. I am able to write the formula and it is validating absolutely fine. Please write the exact formula manually instead of copying it.