cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Cascading LOV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating the Cascading List of Values in the Universe.

1) I have 'Last Name' and 'Home country' fields in the universe.

2) I have created the objects for the Last Name and Home country from the tables.

3) I have created another object called 'LOV Last Name' with

selection - Last Name from the table

where condition - @Select(Package\Homecountry) In @Prompt('Select Last Name','A','Package\Homecountry',multi,constrained)

4) I also have created the condition filter with below code

where condition - @Select(Employee\Last Name) InList @Prompt('Select Last Name','A','LoVs\Lov Last Name',multi,constrained)

But while click on the parse for the above condition, it is giving 'this object is already available' error.

My requirement is, in the webi query prompts first i have to select the Last name after when i selecting the Home country in the second prompt

i should get only the country corresponding to Last name.

Thanks for help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkataramana,

"My requirement is, in the webi query prompts first i have to select the Last name after when i selecting the Home country in the second prompt

i should get only the country corresponding to Last name. "

To achieve this: Goto edit LOV of the Home country and put your prompt for LAst Name in the where clause. This way when the oblect is executed the lov for the last name is prompted first. upon selecting the last name this will act as a filter to the homecountry which in turn prompts the user for selecting the home country which is filtered by the last name selection from the user.

Thanks,

Karthik

Answers (0)