Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i delete 1000 roles at single shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to delete 1000 roles,but it take lot of time to delete through pfcg

it can be done through scat script ,

how can i run script

can anybody give proper process of script

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use google to search for "ecatt tutorial".

It should take you 1 or 2 hours to learn how to create a basic script & then you can automate deletion through PFCG using eCATTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use the search before asking a question you will find the answer in the FAQ thread.

It is to be used with caution, because unlike PFCG it does not respect the user assignment... hence removed from the standard because too many folks hit F8 "just to see what happens" ....

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Sorry Julius - I replied to you in error (edit) rather than the OP.

There is (or was a few versions back at least?) on option to hack an SAP delivered program and convince it that you were on an official SAP site and then run a delete role program.

Last used it (after A.N.Other hacked whatever pixie dust it needed) about 5-6 years ago and it worked fine then but no idea if this is still available.

The LSMW/ECATT option is the best legal option but just beware (as I think already hinted)of the currently assigned roles that you and your basis/security etc team have

The 'You are not authorised' message during an LSMW is one for the coffee corner...

Regards

David

Edited by: David Berry on Jun 1, 2011 11:09 PM

0 Kudos

If you use the search before asking a question you will find the answer in the FAQ thread.

>

> It is to be used with caution, because unlike PFCG it does not respect the user assignment... hence removed from the standard because too many folks hit F8 "just to see what happens" ....

>

> Cheers,

> Julius

I figured that option would be like using dynamite to catch fish for the OP............

0 Kudos

That was the report which was removed because of the pixie dust it left behind.

The original source is in a SAP note still as attachment, for those who want it back again.

I would additionally add a "password" to the selection screen, so that the user must at least look in the code to see what it is and consequently also what it does...

Cheers,

Julius