cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report output page setup as Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a batchjob created for a Report. Now the client wants that report output page setup as Landscape.i have defined printers in the output settings. Please advice on how to do it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

regards,

Saakithyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Option 1: If you are using Smartforms or Sap Scripts to generate the output, then you can change the format to Portrait or

Landscape.

Option 2: Create a printer and Change the Printer settings to Landscape and assign it in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohanaselvan,

Thanks for you reply.

My question is the same. Where i can make the changes from Portrait to Landscape or Viceversa for a report output?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Saakithyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Smartforms

Select the Page and in the right hand side, you will have a tab output options. In that you will have the page format Portrait or Landscape.

Smart scripts

You can find the Portrait or Landscape in the Orientation of the Basic settings option.

(probably you might not have authorization for all the below - contact basis)

Step1 : Go to the transaction SPAD, then on the menu - configuration -> Device types -> Page Formats.

Step2 : Create a Page Format, if you want a new one or change the one which you already have. Then in the orientation, select Portrait or Landscape.

Step3 : Go to SPAD, Enter the printer you are using in SAP in output devices. Go to the Tray info in the last tab and select the Page Format you created above and save it.

Then print using this printer will print in Landscape or Portrait in the way you selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if this answers. Typically, the print format is defined in the smartform or sap script, but since it is a report print then check the following:

During batch job step creation (where you enter the program and the variant) you see a tab called 'Print specification'. Once you click this tab, you'll enter the printer information. In this pop up, you'll see 'properties'. Under general properties, you'll see 'format'. Once you double click, the fields upon up for edits. You can change the formats here to see what works for you.

Alternatively check this form as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks for your reply.

Now i wonder is there any standard format is there to identify it is for Landscape or portrait? For eg: X_65_80 is for portrait or X_65_132 is for landscape.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

regards,

Saakithyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That I'm not sure of. May be your basis team can answer that question. You may actually try some of the formats and check if it matches a landscape layout.

Alternatively, you can set up LOCL as the local printer in the user parameter and then change the orientation of the windows printer to landscape.

The problem here is that if it had been a form then you could made this adjustment in the SAP script or smartform but since it is a report we need to find workarounds.