cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized Orders - maintining the purchase price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please feed me back regarding the process treatment for the following:

We have customized products built using copper components as main components; and as you know that the copper prices are changing every time. When the sales quotation was prepared it was built based on the copper price as of the date of the preparation and with a margin of for example 15%. Now after accepting the order and the material began to be purchased and valued using the average cost the material will be issued on the production order for this sales order with a different cost than the price of the copper at the time of the quotation.

We need to issue this material to production order using the purchase price of the copper not using the average cost.

Please feed me back with the solution for this issue in detailed explanation noting that for the customized order we are of course using make to order scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Purchase the components specific to sales order and consume them in the Prod order

Else, activate Material ledger and allocate the variance later on

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

Regarding the first solution: I wnder how can I link specific stock material purcahsed for specific order and to consime this material over this order with the actual purchase price.

Regarding the sencond solution, please correct me if I'm wrong, the material ledger will update the standard price into the atual price, while if these material were stored they will be issued over this order using the moving average cost. But I need to charge thsi material using the actual purchase price.

Thanks for providing your reply in more details because I'm not expert in SAP.

BR,

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you purchase a material specific to a sales order - THe stock is valuated separately from other materials... This does not get mixed up with other materials.. Hence, the price for this material remains the Purchase price...

You can consume this raw material only to the production order assigned to this sales order.. however, your logistics people need to confirm whether they can manage purchases at this level... Though they can consolidate and place a purchase order, while doing GR, they need to post the GR separately for each sales order

Using ML, during the month you would use a Std cost... At month end, you would execute specific processes so that the variances get inventorized.. hence, you would see the actual valuation after month end

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you so much for your helpful answer.

Do you have a training material document for this complete process. I will be very thankeful if helped me in this issue noting that we don't have ML and the RM is only vaslued using moving average while all other SFG or FG are valuated using standard cost.

Thanks Again.

B.R