cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty Movement

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are receiving defective products from the customers under the warranty period. And in the scrapping phase for these products we are currently using an inventory adjustment movement, which is not right, we need to issue these products using some other movements to charge their cost on the warranty account. My questions:

1- What is the proper movement for this scenario

2- We need to link this movement to the warranty account

3- The defective products related to 7 profit centers and we need to charge each defective product on its relevant profit center through the warranty movement.

How can we implement this scenario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I was in a similar situation and I used a Z solution... I contributed the same into SCN and the same was published... http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0eb4e57-c78c-2d10-e0bd-eca8728e7037

Create a Z movement type in OMJJ and assign account modifier say, ZVB to this new movement type... Now assign a warranty account in OBYC: GBB-ZVB

After you implement the abap code written above in RGGBS000 (In OKC7) - You can trigger a Cost center based on Plant & Prof Ctr...

In Std OKB9 - You can trigger a Cost center based on Either Plant OR Prof Ctr...

The solution which I gave above helps you to trigger a CC based on Plant AND PC

br, Ajay M