cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized Orders - maintining the purchase price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please feed me back regarding the process treatment for the following:

We have customized products built using copper components as main components; and as you know that the copper prices are changing every time. When the sales quotation was prepared it was built based on the copper price as of the date of the preparation and with a margin of for example 15%. Now after accepting the order and the material began to be purchased and valued using the average cost the material will be issued on the production order for this sales order with a different cost than the price of the copper at the time of the quotation.

We need to issue this material to production order using the purchase price of the copper not using the average cost.

Please feed me back with the solution for this issue in detailed explanation noting that for the customized order we are of course using make to order scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you will have to valuate this material with the standard price control enter the standard price in the material master

and change it with MR21 whenever the change happens, this will revaluate the inventory with the current price and issue will be

based on the same , this will be a standard solution

Thanks

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feed back. the issue here that every purchase transaction will be with a different price and we need that every quantity purchased through a specific PO to be connsumed with the purchase price actuall paid.

Thanks to clarify in more details because I'm not an expert, im just a user.

Thanks

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Batch Valuation . In material master Acounting 1 view, select Valuation Category as "X". , then system will create a New Batch (Valuation record) at each Goods receipt. So whenevr you will issue the material from a Unique Batch, it will be issued at original Receipt value.