cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a scenario where we have to allocate our budget data depending on last year actual. The values should be allocated in same proportion as it was in actual.

Is there a way where system will calculate the percentage allocation from last year actual and perform allocation using that percentage.

Thanks,

Diksha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said, you want to allocate budget data depending on last year actual. You can have something like:

*RUNALLOCATION

*FACTOR=USING / TOTAL

*DIM Category WHAT=BUDGET; WHERE=<<<; USING=ACTUAL; TOTAL=<<<

*DIM TIME WHAT=%YEAR%.TOTAL; WHERE=BAS(%YEAR%.TOTAL); USING=BAS(%YEAR%(-1).TOTAL); TOTAL=<<<

*ENDALLOCATION

This is just an example. You might need to modify it based on the structure of the application.

Hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1192543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diksha,

As per my understanding of your requirement,below is the sample code..

*RUNALLOCATION

*FACTOR=1

*DIM Category WHAT=ACTUAL; WHERE=BUDGET

*DIM GLACCOUNT WHAT=; WHERE=<<<

*DIM Rptcurrency WHAT=; WHERE=<<<

*DIM DataSrc WHAt=; WHERE=<<<

*DIM Entity WHAT=; WHERE=<<<

*DIM TIME WHAT=; WHERE=<<<

*ENDALLOCATION

Here in the code i just allocated Actual to Budget and left remaining What=; blank bcz you can write from where the input is taken and Where=<<< i.e in the same point output is posted.

All the dimensions are just as sample,you can put your own dimensions as required.

Thanks,

Naresh.K

SEdelstein
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Diksha -

Please review the blog at:

SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidations (SAP BPC NW) Tips 6 (Allocations)

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/15530] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

The USING parameters can point to the previous years data,

That should get you started..

Regards,

Sheldon