cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print output on User Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Requirement is to print packing slip (LD00) on printer defined for each user.

I was testing functionality with " print parameter User (U) for the output type and maintained printer for each user in VP01SHP transaction. Access sequence was attached but no output condition records maintained.

As per sap note:1461071 - if no output records are found, the system will look at printer defined in VP01SHP.

Any suggestions on how to print on printer defined for each user. I have tried print parameter " User parameter (S)" also but no luck.

I can do the same functionality by adding " changedby/created by" field in fileld catalog. But this is my last option.

Thanks, Chad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only problem that you may have with LOCL is if the drivers are different for each individual's pc, this can happen as the local dirvers are used instead of the ones for a network printer. This can completely change the printout.

We use USER as part of our print parameters and it works a treat.

I think that you just need to check that everything is beind determined properly.

Is LD00 a packing or picking list?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i set LOCL printer with access method G it is going to windows default printer.

We would like to use the network printer defned in user profile (SAP GUI).

Any suggestions?.

Thanks, Chad

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in t.code SPAD that a printer named LOCL has been created by the basis people. If created, then user can enter printer as LOCL, which sends the output to users Window's default printer. LOCL uses SAP front end to print the output.

Regards,