cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO-PA reporting repeat a set of key figures for a characteristic

0 Kudos

Hello,

A report in CO-PA requires that it shows a sales and gross profit for each product one after another in rows (lead column), the remaining columns being the values for each period in a year.

product a ======================= period 1 period 2

sales

gross profit

product b

sales

gross profit

so on...

How can we do this in SAP CO-PA reporting?

Thanks,

Sanjay Wagh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Hope you don't have two many products.....

Put the period characteristics in your columns.

Put (hardcode) your product characteristic in the rows.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I used this approach for profit centers.

But there are thousands of products and hard coding will be impractical to maintain.

Thanks,

Sanjay Wagh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it just the two rows? Cogs and Revenue?

Then add them as "sub-columns", and have you products run down the rows.

period 1 period1 period 2 period2

Rev Cogs rev Cogs

product A

product B

etc

0 Kudos

Thanks again. Appreciate your help.

Unfortunately. customer wants to see more key figures than the two I have indicated. Sorry about it, was just trying to simplify the example.

If there is no other way to show such a report in CO-PA, any other tool like BI that can be used?

Sanjay Wagh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot think of any reportwriter tool that is going to give you something like that.

What you can try doing, is have one set of rows, with one product. And then you "print" the report to Excel. One of the settings will repeat that page over and over, with a new material every time.

The only other way is ABAP.

But if they have thousands of materials, their report design does not make any sense to me. Nobody can read through a report of thousands of materials, and make sense of it.

Tell them, "a successful implementation is equal parts customising the system, and systemising the custom...."

0 Kudos

Hey,

Thanks for your time in answering my question. Appreciate it.

I liked your message. Never heard before.

Have a nice day.

Sanjay Wagh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I think you can get the kind of report u want in report painter by using the exploding function for material in 'general data selection'. Please follow the steps.

1. Create a SET for characteristic/group for material in Tcode GS01. You can also use your material type or product group.

2. Create your report form with all the key figures in rows and periods in columns. Do not add the charateristic Material in your rows or columns.

3. Add the char Material in the general data selection. Check the box 'SET' and add the set which you have created in GS01. Drag the horizontal bar towards right. you will see the Options explode and do not Explode. Choose the Explode funtion. confirm the general data selections.

4. Execute the report. All the materials which you added in the SET will be exploded and shown in a navigation pane on the left side of the report. You can see the report with the keyfigures and periods on the right side for each material. You can navigate from one material to another in the navigation pane.

Reports can be simplified a lot by using the SETs and Explode functions in Report Painter. Its a very useful and dynamic tool in SAP.

I have created a similar report which you need in our company. Its easy and possible. Plese try it by following my steps. Contact me if you need clarifications.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best.

Vishnu.

0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu for the detailed process. Unfortunately, I am using CO-PA reporting tool KE30 and not the report painter.

Using row explosion was my first thought having worked on report painter but I do not see row explosion feature in CO-PA reporting. Also, sets in selection are not available, only hierarchies are.

Sanjay Wagh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I was confused between the functionalities of Report painter and drill down reports.

However, I think the requirement which you asked can be fulfilled in KE30 also.

Create your form with all the key figures in KE34 and save the form. Do not include the char 'Product' in any row or column in the form.

Now create your report in KE31 using the form which you have created in KE34. Here you select the char 'Product' and save the report. You can also use the specific hierarchies of the product.

After you execute the report, you will see a navigation box on top of the report rows. Click on the char Product in the navigation box. It will move to right side. Here you can use up and down buttons to navigate from one product to another similar to the SET navigation function in Report painter.

We are using a similar report for our finished product profitability in COPA (KE30) in our company. Not only product, you can also add any other chars to make it a multi-dimentional report.

Hope this info will fulfill your requirement.

Regards,

Vishnu.

Answers (0)