cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vb6 deployment and Crystal Report 8.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to deploy a Visual Basic 6 on a client pc that use Crystal Report 8.5.

Because no merge files exist for this version of Crystal Report I tried to added all the necessary dll in the deploy package (using visual basic 6 tools deployment).

I read the file Runtime.hlp so I added every dll wriiten in this file.

When I run my setup I always have this error :

The program can't start because CRPE32.dll is missing from your computer.

It's strange because I added this dll to my deployment package.

So I don't no what to do anymore.

Need some help to solve this problem because I know it's easier with more recent version of Crystal Report because of the merge file but right now this software need CR 8.5.

Regards,

Hugo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, when I create my deployment project it doesn't add the two files you wrote.

He added a lot of dll, if I don't include nothing more it doesn't work, I always have this error :

The program can't start because CRPE32.dll is missing from your computer.

What is weird, I see the crpe32.dll in the deployment project.

The client pc has a fresh install install, I mean I installed Windows 7 and nothing more.

It is possible to have a msi or anything else just to install the ncessary files for CR 8.5 on a client ?

I know CR 8.5 is not supported since a while but this application need it.

Regards,

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umm, what CR SDK are you using?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok here what I'm trying to do.

I have an application Visual Basic 6 that use crystal report 8.5 to export the report in pdf using the dll cradxt.dll by programming.

On the dev pc I have Visual Studio 6.0 and Crystal Report 8.5 installed.

I want to install this software on another PC so I created a deployment package, automatically the pakage added the "necessary" dlls.

But is not enough I need to added more on the client pc so it's hard even if I read the Runtime.hlp that come with Crystal Report 8.5 and I added all the dll it always seems to miss somes.

So I was wondering if a merge module or something exist like the other version of Crystal Reports to install the necessary dlls on a clients pc.

Otherwise what is the best way to do it ?

Regards.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends.

What CR SDK are you using?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry

Here the SDK I'm using.

If I go to project\reference

I have Crystal Reports 8.5 ActiveX Designer Run time library

And

If I go to project\components

I have Crystal Report Control

And in the desginer tab I have Crystal Reports 8.5 of course.

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the description, it looks like you are using the RDC. E.g.; referencing craxdrt.dll and crviewer.dll. In that case, the craxdrt.dep and crviewer.dep files should be used automatically by the VB6 deployment wizard. And crpe32.dll should not be needed at all.

Use the [Modules|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip] utility on your development computer to determine what dlls your app is loading and where it is loading the dlls from. Then ensure the same is the case on the client computer. Also, remeber that craxdrt.dll and crviewer.dll are com dlls so they ned to be registered.

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The VB 6 packaging and deployment wizard should create a deployment project for you. It uses craxdrt.dep and crviewer.dep files so you do not have to add any dlls.

Use the search box at the top of this page. Try "RDC deployment" (without the quotes) it should bring up a number of KBases and articles.

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]