Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message AW217 ''No area exists for cost accounting valuation'

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running TS CJ88 to settle an AUC to a final Asset. The system shows me the message 'No area exists for cost accounting valuation

Message no. AW217'

I have seen the OSS notes 860468 and 193210. According to the first note, I understand that I need to assign depreciation area to AUC. How should I do that?

Thanks,

Cecilia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Does you solve it somehow?

Regards,

Elena

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

we could find the problem. We had to do a debbug in order to see what the system was doing.

The fact, is that the system in TS CJ88 look for the first area in group currency that takes APC values from depreciation area '01'. As we have this area desactivated in all asset classes (because we are not going to use anymore), the system shows the error. It does not look for the next one in group currency that takes values from depreciation area '01'. So, because we are not going to use this area anymore we set it that takes APC values from other depreciation area. In this case, the system does not show the message becuase the first depreciation area that is in group currency and takes APC values from '01' passed to do other one (that is not desactivated).

I think, could be many possibilities depending on the situation. In our case, we solved by that way.

I hope this help you.

Cecilia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cecilia,

Basically it means that there should be a cost accounting depreciation area assigned in AuC without which it is not possible to seetle from WBS to AuC. Please check the AuC Master data and in depreciation tab there should be a depreciation area. Also note ask to check configuration which essentially means that there should be cost accounting depreciation area assigned for AuC asset class.

Thanks!!!

Murlidhar Khatri

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murlidhar,

What do you mean with cost depreciation area? I did it with other chart of depreciation which does not have a cost depreciation area and the problem does not appear.

I have settled from WBS to AUC with any problem, the problem is when I set from AUC to final asset.

Thanks.

Cecilia

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murlidhar,

What do you mean with cost depreciation area? I did it with other chart of depreciation which does not have a cost depreciation area and the problem does not appear.

I have settled from WBS to AUC with any problem, the problem is when I set from AUC to final asset.

Thanks.

Cecilia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the set up of the depreciation areas in both the chart of depreciation. Are all depreciation areas set to posting?