Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filename in sender Mail Adapter

former_member188015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Brief about Scenario:

Invoice generated with PDF format in R/3 system and send to mail box. XI pick that file from mail box and deposited in SFTP Server.

Landscape in XI end.

Mailbox - - - XI 7.0 - - - SFTP

The file name generated with CompanyCode_InvoiceType_InvoiceNumber.PDF from R/3 system. So that Same file name should be deposited in SFTP Server . Here CompanyCode and InvoiceType are static and invoiceNumber generated dynamically with PDF format.

My question is How to get file name from mail box.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Srinivasa,

Do you mean that the attachment name must be retained at receiver end also??

Regards

Ramesh

former_member188015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Yes. That file name should be same as attachement file name in target system too.

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sreenivasa rao..i have also same kind of scenario..have you got any breakthrough...can you update me.

former_member188015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did it by using dynamic confiugurationbean and payloadswapbean modules. If you want more details, give your maild id. I will send step by step with snapshots.

nilambari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

Could you please share the details of dynamic confiugurationbean and payloadswapbean modules that resolved the issue.

Thanks

martin_dejl2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hups. I forgot what was your main problem

To get attachment file name you can try to implement you own adapter module as described [here|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Adapter%20Module%20PI%207.0%20Get%20Attachment%20Name?bc=true]:

I found it in this [thread|;.

Please check that thread. The question is "not answered" but the last post states it was solved that way.

former_member188015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Receiver CC. I configured file name like "companycode.PDF" with date and time stamp for temporary, and It works end to end. But I can't able to fetch same filename. This is rename of orginal one.

Thanks for your quick response.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>My question is How to get file name from mail box.

Are you referrring filename of the attachment? If so, you might want to try variable substitution. Refer SDN for this.

For detailed mail to File refer the below link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/StepbyStepMailToFileScenario

martin_dejl2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never tried this approach but it should work in theory:

Your Receiver CC should use Message Protocol "XIPAYLOAD".

In Mail Attributes should be checked "Keep Attachments".

If it'll work as expected, the attachments should become "side" payloads on IS (you will see them in monitoring).

After that I would just swap the payloads in FTP Sender CC with using Adapter module "PayloadSwapBean".

Let me know if it helped. I'm curious if it can work

Martin