cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Blank Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am facing a huge issue in tracking blank alerts , where there is no "From system" or "To System". All I can get from the alerts message is Message GUID.

This is a generic alert set up to pick any alert in PI adapter engine.

What are the steps to correctly track why and where this alert was generated?

I have already used SXMSALERT_LOGREADER and RSALERTDISPLAY, but not able to track it down to any error on the PI server adapter engine.

Thanks.

Rashmi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alert configuration is in two steps.

1) Looks like your scenario is not configured with required container variables in the alert category definition screen. So make sure you declare all the container variable in ALRTCATDEF.

2) Dont forget to add alert inbox rules in the RWB.

If you are using ccbpm then you can create alert category in ESR itself, Please refer this link

/people/gautam.purohit2/blog/2010/04/04/creating-alert-categories-in-esr-and-using-them-in-integration-processes--pi-71-feature

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to ALRTCATDEF transaction and use more container variables, since alerts might differ each other with the available content according to the kind of generated alert. Try creating a container with ALL variables and see which ones are filled. The available variables for PI can be checked on the help page below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm