Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break points are not triggering in RFC from portal application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helllo,

I am running Biller Direct application from portal, which is triggering a standard SAP RFC FM back end, am trying to debug my execution from portal, for this i put the External Break point, Session break-poiint at the beginning of this SAP RFC FM, but, its not stoppping at ll, here the user is a Web user, not dialog user.

How can i stop my execution in this SAP RFC FM to check how the structures are populated?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must use a dialog user and specify that user ID in your settings. Otherwise, you need to use a logpoint or trace file to analyze the data.

Former Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The break points are not triggered through portal.

You need to write an infinite loop in your code, may be at the place where you want to check the data.

Then go to SM50, and go to the debugging option from there once you find there is an entry for your program in the SM 50 screen, and then proceed with the normal debugging.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,

Manish

0 Kudos

The infite loop worked for me!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Please try the below way and check if it works.

Open the RFC in R/3 i.e.

SE37 -> give FM NAME -> DISPLAY.

Click on UTILITIES -> SETTINGS -> CLICK THE TAB debugging.

In the screen against the field users : give the value 'WEBLOGIN'.

Uncheck the FLAG 'IP MATCHING'.

And at the bottom check the check box against the field

'Session Break Point Activate Immediately'.

Save these settings.

Then go to the line at which you want to debug the code and put an external break point over there.

But, please take care of one thing as we are giving it as a WEBLOGIN, when ever some logs in, it will reach the brteak point and stop there. We have to click F8 to continue. Or else, the portal will be hanged for them.

Thanks & regards,

Y Gautham