cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Introscope on high availabilty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our solution Manger is on high availabilty. We want to install Wily Introscope manager on our Solution Manager. How can we install it on high availabilty. Please help.

Also Wily Agents(on managed systems) need to be installed on only Stand Alone Java Systems or on ABAP+JAVA systems also.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Subashree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Subashreekannan ,

To setup the EM in a cluster scenario you may refer to the [Wily Introscope Setup Guide 8.0 |https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001995842008E/SAPISDOC02_0.pdf] in section "Enterprise Manager Cluster Setup".

To setup the EM in a Failover scenario, you may refer to the [Wily Adminsitration and configuration guide|http://www.scribd.com/doc/44471028/Introscope8-0-2-0ConfigAdminGuide] in section "Using MOM Hot Failover".

Regarding the ISAgent, the Introscope Agent setup should be performed for JAVA and dual stack systems. It is not neessary to perform the ISAgent setup only for pure ABAP systems.

Regards,

Allam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allam,

Thanks for you reply. I will go through the document.

Could you also tell me how many agents can a single EM manage? We are having 50+ application servers.

Thanks and Regards,

Subashree

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Subashreekannan,

There is no specific limit for number of agents connected to a EM. It will depend in the amount of memory that the EM has to use. Check the section "9 Enterprise Manager Sizing and Tuning" of the guide attached to note 797147. This guide will show you exactly what you are looking for.

Regards,

Allam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allam,

I just went through the Wily configuration document. But could not understand properly.

The scenario is our Solution Manager is on high availabilty. So two cluster nodes are there. I have currently installed Wily Intrascope manger on Node one E: drive where the application is installed.

Do i need to install enterprise manger again on node 2? Do i need to register it in cluster resources.

How failover will work in this case. Could you please explain this if you have idea on this.

thanks.

Regards,

Subashree