Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection type 05,08,89,F4

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

On which scenario i should use inspection type 05,08,89 and F4?

If anyone can provide me a business example, that will be very helpful.

Thnx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey!

04 is used for materials we receive from production, these are semi finished (stock relevant) and finished materials. So whenever you see 04 lot materials you know these are your in house produced materials.

05 is used for other goods receipt, ie, neither raw material receipt nor production house receipt. Like you have received some material as customer return and want to manage the stock through quality, so use 05 inspection type instead of standard customer retuen inspection type 06 (Which is non-stock relevant).

08 inspection type is related to stock transfer, Like you have moved a material from storage location A to B, so for this you need an inspection lot to be created. In that cas you will be using inspection type 08, does not matter whether your material is raw or in house produced.

89 is used for creating inspection lots manually. for 01, 04,03 and others we have a defined automated path, like whenever there is a raw material receipt 01 inspection lots will be created. But 89 lots are not automated, you create them manually in QA01 and most importantly they are non-stock relevant. We create 89 lots just to check the quality, not for stock transfer.

I hope we have cleared your doubts.

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Thnx for your help.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you meant 04 instead of F4.

05 is a misc. receipt

08 is a for stock transfers and stock transport orders

89 is a manual inspection (not stock relevant)

04 is for goods receipt from production.

The SAP help files cover these pretty extensively. I'm also sure you can google a lot of data on these.

If you wind up with specific questions about something, let us know.

FF