Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check for "Not Relevant" sales order items

anish_mathew3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am having a situation where my client takes advance reservations almost an year in advance.

The sales order items have schedule line category to not consume inventory and so the overall status on each line item is "not relevant". The credit status on the order is "not performed". Since the overall status is "not relevant", the sales order amount is not added to the credit master receivables.

We have around 100K orders and I am trying to see if there is a good solution to do a credit check on all these orders.

I am in a desperate situation and would really appreciate a quick response.

Thanks very much for your help.

AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anish_mathew3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for all your help

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think the status NOT RELEVANT is due to schedule line category. Go to t.code OVA8, then for the credit control area+risk category +credit group, check whether dynamic credit check has been activated or not. If activated, then check the value assigned in the field Horizon. You may need to add more than 12 months time, to check the advanced orders.

Regards,

anish_mathew3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Ram,

Thanks very much for your reply.

When I change the schedule line category on the items, the overall status on the line item changes to "Open". The credit status of the order will be "not performed".

If I were to create an advance order with items consuming inventory, it goes through a credit check with the existing configuration.

AM

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks, when you change the schedule line category, the quantities is not getting confirmed (not consume inventory). Standard system checks credit only on confirmed quantities. For a sales order for which the delivery will happen after a year's time, why the users bother about the credit? If credit check needs to happen 1) either confirm the quantity for the future date by using replenishment lead time functionality or 2) if you want to have the credit check over the unconfirmed quantities, then you may need to check with user-exit.

Regards,