Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Replacing dump (ST22) with custom error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i want to replace ST22 dump with the custom error message ,please suggest me how can i go ahead.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Srinu

5 REPLIES 5

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting idea, I haven't heard that this is technically possible. Please give a few examples of what you want to replace exactly.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Maybe he want upload runtime error long text. Maybe it's possible take from spool? But for what?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Actually the end user is seeing the dump instead we can show some custom error message, just to replace the error message.we can go to ST22 and solve the issue thought of taking the dump from user point.

Regards

Srinu

0 Kudos

Hi.,

Use RECEIVE RESULTS FROM FUNCTION 'function module' . to achieve this.,

Check this link : [Avoiding dumps in report|http://sapprograms.blogspot.com/2008/10/avoiding-dumps-in-report.html]

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Since the topic seemed interesting i had a look at Kiran´s link.

There are two tings i simply dont understand, maybe someone here can elighten me.

1. If we had let us return the exceptions in the first place (when calling gui_upload), would we still need that RECEIVE RESULTS FROM FUNCTION statement? Is there any difference?

2. I didnt try it out yet, but if inside that FM there is e.G. some message type X, for certain constellations, i strongly doubt that RECEIVE RESULTS FROM FUNCTION will supress that. I mean by the time that messagte type x is processed the compiler doesnt even know yet that teh statement RECEIVE RESULTS FROM FUNCTION will follow.