cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Currency Valuation...Reversal document being valuated

Former Member
0 Kudos

The GL account 111851 was set up in company code XYZ. The company code and Group currency are USD.

Account currency for this GL is USD and the u201Conly balances in local currencyu201D in the GL master was activated on it at the time of creation. This GL account was not being considered for FC valuation in F.05. It has postings in EUR currency.

Later, the account balance in this account was zeroed and the check u201Conly balances in local currencyu201D was removed. The document that was posted to make the account balance zero (in order to allow the removal of the check), was reversed using FB08 after the check was removed.

When the FC valuation program F.05 was run again in April 2011, the reversal document was not considered for valuation. However, it is considering all other documents posted (after the reversal document was posted) for valuation.

Can someone please explain why this reversal document is not being considered and what should be done to have this considered for FC valuation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajmohan Iyer,

did you get any answer for that?

I have a similar situation:

-I revaluate the august balance sheet on the 2nd of the September

-Then I reverse one of the documents on the 3rd of September which were included on the 2nd of September

-Then I run revaluation again on the 4th of September

The question is if the revaluation on the 4th will correct the impact of the earlier revaluation of the document which was reversed?

How do I adjust that?

Thanks

Danielle

balajiradhika
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, Foreign currency valuation is done for Open items or GL Account Balances. As you have reverrsed your balances, GL Account balances will become zero so naturally this will not be valuated. If you want to valuate the reversed document seperately then give the document number in the Open items tab and then valuate.

Regards,

B. Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika

The balance in this account is not zero. I had said,

When the FC valuation program F.05 was run again in April 2011, the reversal document was not considered for valuation. However, it is considering all other documents posted (after the reversal document was posted) for valuation.

The FC valuation program is considering the total balance MINUS the reversal document amount for valuation.