Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a free text field in abode form .If i enter any text in that filed,it has to be store in custom table as a number and again i have to retrieve back the text what i have entered in the free text field from the custom table based on some condition.how to do this ? without using read_text and save_text.Because if i use that means i have to split the text into 72 chars in each line .

if so there may be splitting of a word into two words so, i am expecting the solution other than read_text and save_text.Could you please help me out on this ?

Thanks & Regards,

Nandhini

Moderator message: please choose more descriptive subject lines for your posts.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Jun 1, 2011 3:08 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member449766
Participant
0 Kudos

You can still use read_text and save_text. Then to split the string into N characters without splitting a word into two words,

use FM TEXT_SPLIT or RKD_WORD_WRAP

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use the privilege of encryption and decryption function modules to solve the issue.

step 1. Encrypt the given text using the fm VRM_COMPUTE_MD5 and extract the numric numbers

2. store both encrypted in a custom table say ztencryp with 2 fields encrypted and numerals.

3. Decrypt it using the saved value from the table.

Edited by: Rahul Babukuttan on Jun 1, 2011 3:25 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your fast response.I have checked with the FM 'VRM_COMPUTE_MD5' and it is returning the ID as numerals.But i dont know how to store that ID in a custom table with the text encrypted and then how to decrypt the text value from the table using the ID value ?

0 Kudos

Any helps?

former_member449766
Participant
0 Kudos

You can still use read_text and save_text. Then to split the string into N characters without splitting a word into two words,

use FM TEXT_SPLIT or RKD_WORD_WRAP

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandhini,

I have a free text field in adobe form .If i enter any text in that field,it has to be store in custom table as a number

what do you mean "as a number"?

without using read_text and save_text.Because if i use that means i have to split the text into 72 chars in each line . if so there may be splitting of a word into two words

I guess that it's your main question. You may convert a variable of type "string" using CONVERT_STREAM_TO_ITF_TEXT, and vice versa with function module CONVERT_ITF_TO_STREAM_TEXT. Then you'll be able to use READ_TEXT and SAVE_TEXT.

Best regards,

Sandra