Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View/Dependency

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All

I need help.

On SAP b1 2007 our client could update a user defined table using a view in SQL.

However after we upgraded their database to 8.8 the updates does not work.

I tried finding where the update is on the DB but cannot see any update queries, there is nothing in SBO Transaction Notification,

Is there a way of tracing the steps in 2007 to see how it works so I can see what is missing in 2008.

Tracing whats done in SAP??

Please help

Thanks

Janice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

It might be updated by trigger. You can add SQL profiler to trace all activities. Remember to turn it off after you find your need.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gordon

There were triggers doing updates and inserts into User defined tables that were not copied over during the upgrade to 8.8.

However, when I try adding information against the BP code in SAP, I get the following error now :

Could not commit transaction: Error -1 detected during transaction 'Document Numbering' (ONNM)

Any ideas will be most welcome.

Thanks

Janice

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also get this error :

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Connection is busy with results for another command (CINF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a sign of db corruption. Make sure you have a sound backup first. Only SAP support could give you help now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well direct updating of an UDT is frowned on by SAP, but it is allowed so it should still work.

The only way to really track what is happening is to use the SQL profiler - there are loads of articles on the web explaining how to use it, it's quite straightforward.