Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User wants print format fixed

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One user while printing; selects the following options to get desired format of print out :

Format = X_65_200

Checks the box "Only Text"

checks the box "No Freame characters"

and then he gets desired output. Is there any way that he does not required to select these things every time and get these permanently selected for his prints from SAP.

Thanks,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SU01 choose this user and go to parameters tab. It should be possible to set it there. Parameter PRINT_PARAM looks like what you're looking for, but I have no idea what value it should have to meet your needs.

You can also press F1 on field name that you're refering to, go to "technical information" and go to used data element. There on "Further characteristics" tab you can see "Parameter ID" - this is what can be passed in SU01 on parameter tab.

After changes it is possible that user will have to login once more.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did not find any option in SU3 or SU01 specific to printer and text format settings requested by user.

Was able to do it via print window pop up.

Selected all settings manually and then clicked on copy settings under specifications tab of print window. Then it remembered the settings and issue was resolved

Regards,

Varun

kaiser_michael
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry for digging up such an old thread but I'm in the same situation and I couldn't find any information because I always winded up on some abap forums.

Unfortunately I get a empty parameter id field when I call F1/technical help as you described.