cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create or simulate a WEB service? Scenario RFC to WEBService.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PI experts,

I'm creating an interface with this scenario: RFC->PI->WEBService, the message is synchronous. The problem is that we don't have nothing at the webservice yet, I just want to know if have a way to create or simulate a webservice to test my interface? If someone have some material or information please it will be very helpfull.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When a WebService 'IN' is created, corresponding WDSL is generated. This WSDL could be used in any SOAP testing tools to simulate the web service.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks everibody, my question was solved.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this will help you - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/10/29/are-you-making-the-best-out-your-test-tool--tips-on-soap-ui

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you only need to simulate a web service, you can use 3rd party tools - for example, soapUI (even its freeware version) is capable of simulating a web service (in soapUI, this functionality is called web service mocking).

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a new Scenario to create your own TEST Service, and call it for your test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but you have some example? I don't understand exactly what I have to do at this scenario. I just wana to send soma parameters from my RFC and receive a response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can duplicate your scenario, and invert Communication Channel sender & receiver.

Example:

Your current scenario is:

Request ProxyR3 --> PI --> ReceiverService1

Response ReceiverService1 --> PI --> ProxyR3

You can create a TEST scenario like this:

Request ReceiverService2 --> PI --> ProxyR3bis

Response ProxyR3bis --> PI --> Receiver Service2

And than, set ReceiverService2's endpoint to SOAP/Http receiver channel (ReceiverService1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create two scenarios.

1) Using SOAP sender you can create a web service. So create a simple scenario using soap sender and use some receiver like jdbc or file or something for your test. Create WSDL using sender agreeement and save the wsdl.

2) create RFC to SOAP scenario. In the receiver side use the WSDL as external definition for the receiver mesg structure. Configure SOAP receiver to point the soap service created using soap sender in the step 1.

Basically you need to know SOAP sender for the step 1 and Soap receiver for the step 2 configuration and design.

Refer these links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fc/5ad93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/xipi-a-guide-to-using-sap-xi-soap-adapter/technology/sap/113/