Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a BPM schenario.

I would receive a file which would trigger the BPM. ONce i receive the file i need to trigger a interface which would fetch data from SQL server.

Both the interfaces are asynchronous.

Can anyone temme what all steps do i need to use for this.

LIke ...Firstly Receive step for file system.

Cheers,

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

for fetching data from SQL server you need a synchr interface. You did not tell us what to do with that data.

file -> BP: Rep: 1 asynchr outbound IF, 1 abstr Interface, 1 BP Container, Dir: 1 Receiver Det, 1 Interface Det

BP <-> SQL Server: Rep: 1 synchr inbound IF, 1 abstr IF, 2 BP Container (Request, Response), Dir: 1 Receiver Det, 1 Interface Det, 1 Receiver Agreement

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Why do i need a synchronous Interface for fetching data from SQL server??

Right now what im trying to do is,

1)RECEIVE(ABS FOR FILE)

2)TRANSFORMATION(ABS - SQL)

3)SEND (SQL OUT ABS)

4)RECEIVE (SQL IN ABS)

5)SEND (Final send step to ms access ).

In the fourth step ie RECIEVE i need to use a corelation id. But i cant use the corelation i activated earlier in the first receive step.Any idea why?

Now lemme tell you what im trying to do.

I will get certain data from File System, based on that i will fetch data from sql server. And finally do some calculations with the data received eariler and with the data received from sql and then send it to access.

Cheers,

Sumit

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

>>>>Why do i need a synchronous Interface for fetching data from SQL server??

If you want to have an response to your message (<i>fetching</i> data), your need a synchronous message flow.

BP -> MS Access (asynchr): Rep: 1 asynchr inbound IF, 1 abstr Interface, 1 BP Container, Dir: 1 Receiver Det, 1 Interface Det, 1 Receiver Agr

In my point of view you dont need any correlation.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks,

but i was looking for the steps i have to use in BPM.

Is there anythign wrong with the steps i mentioned earlier.

Even i think i dont need any corelation but in the second receive step the corelation is mandatory. And when i select use corelation i dont see the corelation name i activated earlier in the first receive step.

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

If u make ur communication with the SQL DB synchronous, then u can eliminate seperate SENd and RECEIVE Steps, thus reducing the number of steps.

Actually u will need one more transformation to convert the data received from the SQL DB to a format acceptable by the ACCESS DB.

In this transformation u can perform whatever calculation u need to perform.

Then finally u can perform the SEND step.

Regards

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetu,

Thanks.

i was thinking of making the second receive step sync.

Actually as you said the send step shud be sync

lemme try that out..

Sumit

Message was edited by: Sumit Khetawat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Summit,

Firstly there is no such rule that we can make only the first receive step as synchronous.

U do not need to create a container object for the synchronous interface.

When u create the send step for the SQL DB in the BPM, u mention the following parameters in the properties tab:

Mode: Synchronous

Synchronous: Here u will get the name of the synchronous interface

Request Msg: Name of the container containg the input SQL XML(astract interface).

Response Msg:Name of the container contining the output msg(abstract interface)

Regards

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetu,

In this case i would have a JDBC sender adapter.

JDBC sender adapter polls the db at the interval specified in the comm channel.

I was thinking wouldnt the adapter itself poll the database . I only want the adapter to fetch data only when it is asked to. What do i do in this case?

Thanks.

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit,

In case of synchronous communication the JDBC adapter will poll data from the DB only when u send an input XML(request).

Regards

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetu,

Can you help me in configuring the sender & Receiver determination.

I have the followign systems.

1) FileSYstem( asyn sender)

2) SQL (synchronous)

3) MsAccess.

4) Integration Process.

Thanks

Sumit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

For the two functionality that u have mentioned, the steps needed in the BPM are as follows:

1. Receive Step: This will have an abstract interface to receive the file. This interface has to be defined in the form of a container.

2. Transform Step: If u are sending the file data as a SQL Query to the db then u need to convert the file data to SQL XML format. For this conversion u need to follow the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/frameset.htm.

3. Send Step: This needs to have a shynchronous interface of abstract type since u have to fetch some data from the DB. This will send the data to the DB and receive the output.

For further steps u need to mention the further processing that is to be done in the BPM.

Hopefully this helps

Regards

neetu