cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crdit Control Management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Here i am given a scenario where we need to maintain credot limit for customer as per value & Quantity.

I have maintained certain settings in FD32,OVAK,Assigned CCA to customer,OVA8,OVA7,OB45,OMO1.

But when i create SO ,it doesnt issue any error/warning msg,though i have done settings in OVA8.

Where am i missing somthing??

what are the basic steps should i follow to get the required settings.

Regards

Swati Bhatt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oodles of Thanks to one and all.It really helped me understanding the concept as well.

Issue Solved!!

Regards

Swati Bhatt

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this setting..

IMG-Financial Accounting-Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable-Credit Management-Credit Control Account-Assign Permitted Credit Control Areas to Company Code

Also check this link

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Credit+Management

Once you jave done all these setrings, create a sales order which should exceed the credit limit of the customer, here there wont be any chck by the system. Again create another Sales order for the same customer. Now system should check the credit limit of this customer and react according to your settings ( say error, warning in OVA8)

Reg,

JJ

Edited by: Jagsap on Jun 1, 2011 2:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my view you should check your credit assignment at sale order level and then maintain FD32, and at Order assignment put B Run simple credit limit check and error message,

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether you have maintianed subtotal A in the pricing procedure.

If you have access , please check SAP Note 18613.It gives you all the basic settings required for Credit Management Settings.

Phani Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dera Phani Sir,

i made all the settings as guided by you & by the note and retried it but its not working .

Regards

Swati Bhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you maintained Subtotal as A against the Net Value in the Pricing Procedure.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

its working fine now and its barring SO when it exceeds credit limit.

One more question i want to ask regarding this--If i want to make settings as per due dates,like if the customer doesnt pay on the due date so system will block the further process,do i need to maintain this in OVA8??

Here in OVA8 ,options given as "NUMBER OF DAYS,NO DAYS OPEN,DAYS OLDEST ITEM " and so on??

Is this where i need to maintain or somwhere else??

Regards

Swati Bhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you enter the Number of days the system will check for the credit after those number of days.

It affects after the last release.Just press F1 in number of days field you will get the information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi

Max open items and No Days open can be used to block any new orders if the open item due is more than the % of Credit limit mentioned in ova8.

Eg: If you mention 20% as max open item and 30 days. Any new orders will go to cred block if the open item value is more than 20% of credit limit assigned to customer and open for more than 30 days

Oldest item is used to block any new orders if the due is more than the number of days specified in OVA8

Eg: If you mention the Oldest day value of 25 days, any new orders will go to cred block if the oldest payment from customer is due for more than 25 days.

You can use the Oldest due date for your above question.

Thanks

Arun

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

With context to

customer doesnt pay on the due date

Check AR (Account Receivables) & Permitted days in OVA8.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

As per standard OVA8 setting will not validate net due date of customer, insted it has option to block orders if open item exceeds particular number of Days or percentage of amount. In your case, if you want to block order based on net due date you may develop program though User exit 1, 2 or 3 in OVA8.

Otherwise based on the risk category (if payment days is more or less same for the customer assigned in the risk category) you can assign number of days open in line with average payment days of customer.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swathi,

By giving the oldest open item CHECK and the DAYS, system will consider those number of days to be due.

eg.

If the days in OLDEST OPEN ITEM is 60 days.

You have a billing document created on 01.01.2011.

System will not consider this document for 60 days while checking for oldest open item.

Which means on 28.02.2011, system will not consider this invoice while checking for oldest open item.

But on 4.03.2011, system will consider this invoice while checking for oldest open item , since it is due ( after 60 days)

Could you tell us, how are you considering the due date , so that we can give you more clear solution on the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I almost understood the meaning of these functionality of OVA8.

Here my querry is-- suppose if i want a scenario where system should restrict SO processing or any other further processing in case of due date is surpassed by customer.

As in if a customer is given 5 days of time to pay the amount for particular deal and if he dint pay this amount on due date so the system should restrict any other transaction for that particular customer.

Regards

Swati Bhatt.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swathi,

I understood the scenario now.

But this is not possible by using OLDEST OPEN ITEM as in your case each previous transaction will be having a due date.

For example: there are 3 past invoices.

Current date 02/06/2011

invoice 1 : due date on 03/06/2011

invoice 2 : due date on 01/06/2011

invoice 3 : due date on 10/06/2011.

Hence as per your description, system should not allow the sales order/delivery/pgi(depending upon level of credit check)

as the invoice 2 has violated the credit period.

now if this is your requirement, you have to use user exit for the same.

I have worked on the same scenario and we have successfully implemented the same using ABAP.

If my understanding is right, please let me know.

I will be happy to share you the logic.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oodles of Thanks to one and all.It really helped me understanding the concept as well.

Issue Solved!!

Regards

Swati Bhatt