Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-Defined Message Search - PI 7.1 - EHP1 - SP06 - Not working

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Recently, we have imported SP06 in our PI system (PI 7.1 EHP1). The SXMB_MONI has now new tab "User-Defined Selection Criteria".

To implement user-defined search, I have created filer, extractor, namespace prefix for one outbound interface through transaction SXMS_LMS_CONF. (As it is explained in SAP EHP1 features PDF and the link "http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/c85598f63335bfe10000000a42189d/frameset.htm".

Also we have created logical port through transaction SOAMANAGER. (followed the steps as mentioned in PDF)

After filters, extractor, namespace prefix created and activated, I have checked the extractor through Test Extractor, it is working fine. (All are green, given below is the output)

-

Type

Message text

-

Processing message 4DDFE95BAEC67152E10000009958A8AB

Analyzing payload of message version 000

No filter found

Analyzing payload of message version 004

Filter found for interface name PROACT.PROACT01

Name MATERIAL_ID value RPM312AZ/11522R1 extracted

Analyzing payload of message version 005

No filter found

Analyzing payload of message version 008

No filter found

-

Now, when I do search the same through SXMB_MONI, by giving inputs in the new tab "User-Defined Selection Criteria", Option button "Search for all" , selected the filter name "MATERIAL_ID" in the input field:Name and put material name in the in the input field:value. (same material I put), it shows the message "No message is available for selection".

Friends, could you kindly clarify why I am unable to search through SXMB_MONI? Am I missed any of the steps?

Kindly reply.

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends, Thanks for all your reply. I hope that the report SXMS_EXTRACT_MESSAGES will help to achieve this. Sabarish replied that this enhancement will not work in Production. So, I did not investigate further. Thank you Friends.

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thank you very much for all your reply. I will do what you suggest and let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jega,

Please take a few more minutes to describe for us if you found the proper solution and if you did how it works now.

Thx.

kr

Robert

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in case you are planning to use this functionality, please note that this is not supported in a productive PI environment (as per a message we received from SAP when we raised it). This functionality will become fully productive only in PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the following SAP Notes for user defined message search, specially the last one which talks about the filter criteria

Also refer the below weblog and check the settings in the SAP Netweaver Administrator

/people/niki.scaglione2/blog/2010/02/22/payload-searching-without-trex

Regards

vijayabaskaranj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Were you able to resolve the issue ?

If not, You need to execute program SXMS_EXTRACT_MESSAGES to build index for the user defined search from the old messages.

The job bulids index from the already processed messages.

Choose the relevant Method when creating the extractor

Method

You can choose between two methods:

Extract During Message Processing

Select this method if you want the attributes to be extracted from the selected messages while these messages are processed.

Extract with External Job

Select this method if you want to extract attributes from messages that were already processed, or if you want to change the extraction of attributes from messages, from which attributes were already extracted.

For this method you need to set up and use the job SXMS_EXTRACT_MESSAGES.

thanks

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jegatheeswaran,

Please run the job SXMS_EXTRACT_MESSAGES to perform indexing.

go to se38 -> execute this job so that it will do the indexing. select the time range of the messages that you are looking for and the interface name and other details similar to your defined extractors.

After doing the above then go and search your messages in sxmb_moni and it should work.

Note: make sure the method of extraction for the filters is set to both direct processing and job type.

Thanks,

Srini