cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How calculate Balance in the BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can someone help me , I have a entity as Balance where i would like to take the values from 0debit - 0 credit in BPC , how to go about it and how to map 2 differnt objects to the same enity in the report.

EG

I want to display as

Comapny code PC Debit Credit Balance

Please can someone help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understood, you want something like below:

Comapny Code     PC     Debit     Credit     Balance
CC1             PC1      100      80         20

Am I right?

This means you just want to display the difference between the Debit and the Credit. So, first thing is that you should have debit and credit as the members of the flow dimension. Then, you can display these 2 members from the flow dimension in your report.

Secondly, if you want to just display the balance in only this report (not store in the database), then you can have an excel formula to calculate the difference. If you want the balance to be displayed in multiple reports, then better way would be have it as a member in the flow dimension. Then you can choose to use a dimension logic to calculate the difference between credit and debit. However, this will not save the result in the database. If you need to save the balance in the database, then you can have the same thing in the script logic.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

Yes, I want to display the format as you have displayed.

but my issue is I am unable to place 2characteristic with the Same dimension type.Eg either 2Accounts or 2entity....if i am taking asthe member then it can display only one column .... how to display debit and credit and balance in seperate columns.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using EVDRE, then you just need to keep the particular dimension in the COL and in the memberset, mention credit, debit,balance. This will display all the 3 members in your column.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I added forthe Balance Entity 3 memebers Debit and Credit,debit and Balance.

When i am Trying to execute the report it is dispalyed singlemember,but when i select another memeber then getting an error

" ERR: Invalid member or flag in < member set>, item: 2 col#2"

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got the proble resolved ,i chanage the memeber of the Entity to " MEMEBER " it displays all memebers.

I have assigned the points

Thans,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain what do you mean by PC in "Comapny code PC Debit Credit Balance'?

As far as i understand you want to display data for company code which has debit as well as credit values. In BPC if you enter data for company code, then the debit and credit values cannot been shown in separate column, untill and unless they are being displayed as a separate member in dimension member sheet.

To be more specific, would like you to clarify your scenario.

Rgds,

Poonam