Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MESSAGE NO : FH087 :You cannot change the open item management setting

former_member188789
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I a'm unable to activate open-item management for some GL accounts since transaction data exist,

Please tell me if there is any other way out rather than creating new GL with the open-item activated in that and transfer the balance to the same.

Please let me know the other possible solutions

Please help

Regards,

Charmaine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are on new gl, you should not change the Characteristics. You should open a new gl account and than transfer the balances

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are on New GL, use transaction code FAGL_ACTIVATE_OP

Thanks,

Ravi

john_kennedy6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Ran into the same problem and found this conversation. Your answer worked well.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to make the balance zero for the account & then Block Posting to the Account.Copy the program RFSEPA02 and make it ZRFSEPA02. As the the standard program can not be executed as it is. With the help of abaper, remove the erroer message in the program which in RFSEPA02 does not allow you to convert the account to open item . For this you need to run the original program RFSEPA02 and note the error message. Run the program after inputting the relevant GL a/c.

This will activate opn item management for all the existing items in that GL A/c and then you need to post the entries which you have transferred initally for making this account balance nil.

Regards

Milind Sonalkar