cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of configuration in satelite system to solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am doing a full landscape installation, however, the server I meant to install my solution manager on faulty, now my functional consultants want to start their configs.

The intention had been to do all this from solution manager.Will I be able to transfer their configuration to my solution manager once sorted out so we can continue with the original plan?

Many thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure that I understood your question correctly, but looks like you want to make a system known to your solution manager.

Is it correct?

If so, the process is described in the link mentioned in note 987835.

If this is not your question, please rephrase it with more details.

Thanks and regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me put it this way. Is it possible to do the configuration of a satellite system from solution manager? Or does solution manager merely manage the configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's possible to keep the configurations ( SOLAR02) in the solution manager. When you execute the config , it will login to your satellite system( Dev) to do the original configuration.

But before that there should be a solution manager project ( Type Implementation) .. then the blue print for the Business scenarios,Business process and Business process Steps ( transactions) shuld be defined in SOLAR01 for the project which you have created. Once it is done in SOLAR02 , you can use the configuraitons as per Busines sblue print.

It won't do the configs in SOlution manager , but Solution manager is used as a central repository to save your documentations, test scripts etc for your configuration which you are doing in real lanscape.

Please check the below link Implementaion and Upgrading SAP Solutions which will explain you about all phases including configuration.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/89/a7c08d740c4cffb491f98801f17d30/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Jagadish

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Configurations of a managed system? Exactly what configurations are you refering?

Some thjngs can be confiogured from Solution Managed, i.e. SDCCN, somethings are configured on Solution Manager, such as the Solution Directory. However you need to be more specific on the configurations you are meaning.

Regards,

Paul