cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Crystal report XI Release2 into VISUAL BASIC VB .NET 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For my project, i'm using 'CRYSTAL REPORT XI Release2', and 'VISUAL BASIC .NET 2008'.

I design first my report in 'REPORT XI Release2', and i developed a project in 'VISUAL BASIC .NET 2008' to pass

parameters to 'REPORT XI Release2'. it works in general very good.

i design a report with CR XI with an image, the imagepath that is store in my database works very good in CR XI.

The problem when i call this report from 'VB .NET 2008', i can't see the image.

and i had always this message when i open the report design in 'vb .NET 2008' :

'Crystal reports Activex designer

This report was created with a later version of Crystal Reports.

Some of the features used in the report will not be supported.'

Please, how can i keep the same functionality in report in 'CR XI Release2' with 'VISUAL BASIC .NET 2008' ? especially for

dynamic path image..

How can i integrate totaly 'CR XI Release2' in 'VISUAL BASIC .NET 2008' ?

Please help

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

You are using the 10.5 references, change them all to version 11.5. CR 10.5 which cam with .NET 2008 is based on Crystal Reports version 10 which did not support the functionality you are using.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you first,

Before asking my question, i changed all crystal report dll files to 11 version in VB .NET 2008, and i deleted the crystal references to dll version 10, but it doesn't work..

please, can anyone write me which precisely Crystal report dll, i have to insert in VB .NET 2008 ?

0 Kudos

The basics are:

Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared

See these samples to help you get going:

Non-Enterprise Samples

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/CrystalReportsSDKSampleApplications

Exporting Samples (RAS)

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/NETRASSDK+Samples#NETRASSDKSamples-Exporting%2FPrinting

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no way to integrate Crytsal report XI release 2 into Visual Basic .NET 2008.

however, Crystal report XI work very good with Visual basic .NET 2005.

I really don't see any possibility to integrate crystal report XI with VB .NET 2008.

So i switch from VB .NET 2008 to VB .NET 2005 to have the possiblitily to integrate CR XI and it works very well.

THANK YOU

Best regards

0 Kudos

Actually that is not true, check out the Platforms PDF file for CR XI R2 SP 4 and 6 and it should work fine. As well as it works on windows 7 and Vista.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don, Where can I find the PDFs mentioned below? Will these provide instructions for insuring that all the appropriate CR XI components are in place for VB 2008 and CR XI integration?

Michael Woodard

Answers (0)