SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open and Close periods/Fiscal years

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We are in the process of FM-BCS implementation, we observed thre is transaction code (FMOPER) for open the Budget periods. This is working for Budget workbech (FBMM) only. But at the time of Actual Postings even period is not open in FMOPER system is allowing for actual postings.

Kindly suggest where we can control actual postings through period open/cose option in FM-BCS.

Thanks in advance

Rao

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, for actual FMIR or FMMI(mass)

0 Kudos

HI Alex

Thanks for the support,

Currently all the periods are opened in FMIR (i.e From period is blank To is 16). But As per our Business requiment we need to open two periods only (i.e July to August 2011) . But we are not able to change the periods. It is giving the error message "For fiscal yr based encumbrance, the whole fiscal yearr will be open"

Kindly suggest how to process.

0 Kudos

Hi, for this you need to choose Periodic-Based Encumbrance Tracking for required Ledger in OF39. Also all value types'd updated on basis of Posting date

0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Thanks for the support,

We have followed the process of making changes in OF39 for value types and now we are able to change the posting period in FMIR as required.

We request you alos we would like to know other impacst on changes being made in OF39 value types.

Thanks for your kind support. Please revert.....

Thanks

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi, for this you need to choose Periodic-Based Encumbrance Tracking for required Ledger in OF39. Also all value types'd updated on basis of Posting date

0 Kudos

Hi, if you're interested only about values type(and not Periodic-Based Encumbrance Tracking - you can read about it on sap.help) then it's just updated date in FM.

Eg in PO update date in FM would be EKPO-BEDAT. At all my projects Delivery date was used, but in this situation I think you'd substitute BEDAT with delivery date using badi, but you can't change it, I mean if you created PO, then you can't change BEDAT

0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

You need to be aware of all the impact of the use of PBET (Period-Based Encumbrance Tracking) before activating it in transaction OF39. This is not a simple change, it impacts all your integrated postings that come from all other areas (FI, CO, MM, SD) into FM.

You cannot use any FM update date other than the POSTING date when PBET is active.

One common error when you activate PBET is FI_E050 - Posting date/period 00/00/0000 is earlier than existing

date/period 00/00/0000.

If you want updating to take place on the delivery date, you must return profile to Fiscal Year Based (non-PBET) updating.

This step will also eliminate the error FI_E050.

Part of the basic PBET logic, aims at recording a detailed change history of every single document in FM.

For more details on this, please also refer to the program documentation and chapter Public Sector Management -> Funds Management -> Recording Actual and Commitment Data -> Period-Based Encumbrance Tracking.

The standard functionality when PBET is active is to use the system date as the FM posting date. However, you do have 3 options to overwrite this:

Document Creation:

1.- Version Management (PR/PO)

2.- FM updating date is the document posting date.

Document Change:

1.- System use FM_TRANS_DATE date as FM updatign date, if this date is not filled, system use system date as FM updating date.

If customer want to change this logic, the FM updating date is decided by one of the following three steps, in order shown.

- Version Management (PR/PO): Posting date of version

- Transaction FMOD to override the update date by user

- Activate user exit EXIT_SAPLFMFA_004 so that a popup screen is

displayed that permits entering the FM posting date, you could

manually set the date found in the document header to a later date.

- you could manually set the date found in the document header to a

later date (System date SY_DATUM).

PBET is Periodic-based encumbrance tracking and it is a function that monitors encumbrances per period, with a change record issued for each change made within a period. This function belongs to Funds Management Area (PSM-FM).

If PBET is active, system does not allow posting to a date earlier than the present date, you will receive error FI_E050 in case this is not satisfied. Follow are two comments form the code which indicate same:

"No new dates can be earlier than the original or new account assignment line items".

"Ensure that new fm update dates are not older than original date or if a change, this change must be latest date in document"

To use or not to use PBET is customer decision and this impact that the period is verified more strictly than without PBET. Maybe you should consider with your consultant if using PBET is the best solution for your business processes.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Vanessa; don't activate PBET without solid reasons and without understanding the change of logic of FM update behind it. You can read more on PBET on help.sap.com

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa

We are also having same issue.

In OF39 for Value Type 54 (Invoices), we are having the

Payment Budget is 'Posting Date' and

PB-Encumbrance Tracking is 'Period-Based'

As you said in your earlier reply "If PBET is active, system does not allow posting to a date earlier than the present date, you will receive error FI_E050 in case this is not satisfied."

We request you to eloberate on your above reply.

Thanks and Regards

PVSRG

0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

In my previous reply I forgot to mention the Chapter link that I provided only the description:

help.sap.com

Public Sector Management -> Funds Management -> Recording Actual and Commitment Data -> Period-Based Encumbrance Tracking

Period-Based Encumbrance Tracking

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/9b/9e2a39b487605fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Example: Period-Based Encumbrance Tracking

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/18/b525391d4f000be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for your kind support for understanding functionality and issue resolution.

Thanks

Rao