cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order through IDOC to Receiving Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My supplier for the material is 202331 (Vendor) . I am able to create IDOC and send copy to vendor 202331 once the PO is saved.

I have a requirment of sending the Purchase order copy using IDOC (EDI) to the receiving plant (say 1100 ) . I tried in to gather the information in SDN but was not successful.

Please guide me...

Thanks ,

Vengal Rao.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the receiving plant is within your system, technically it is not possilbe to transmit the IDoc because you require a partner profile to transmit out and this partner profile is in the form of a vendor, customer or logical system and your receiving plant does not fall under any of these categories. Nevertheless, if you still want to transmit then may be create a 'dummy' partner vendor and along with partner functions you may be able to generate an IDoc but no further processing can be done since there's no external transmission. Again, it is not practical to generate an IDoc for a receiving plant that is within the system.

A scenario where an IDoc can be generated within the system will be an inter-company where an IDoc is created during billing that posts an invoice in the receiving plant automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per your requirement, use the email notification/ fax to respected department instead of IDOC. do the output configuration and use the requirement (if it requires) for various scenarios. when you save the PO sent the PO as a PDF file.

regards,

VJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I agree with all of you. I shall discuss the same with my client and shall update accordingly.

Thanks,

Vengal Rao.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you need an IDOC to be send to the receiving plant?

For what purpose should that be?

Isn't the receiving plant in your system anyway?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Our client has a centralised purchasing system under whom there are many plants . He want the requisited plant to know details of the Purchase order ie material they have ordered so that the storage location personnal can make suitable arrangement depending upon the delivery date.. This requirment is a strange one , but our client is insisting on it.

Thanks,

Vengal Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you should have this PO printed rather than creating an IDoc. A PO print out can be given as an expected receipt so that the warehouse could make necessary preparations. But, typically, the warehouse runs open PO reports to see expected receipts. Probably, you should persuade your company to seek similar option since this is widely and typically used.