Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP5 software download problems: Internal Error: unable to get software com

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are in the process of upgrading our ERP6 EHP4 system to EHP5. The ERP system has a associated JAVA system with EPcore and XSS. In SMSY the ERP6 system has been setup with product instances: SAP ECC Server, SAP NW - EP core (with technical system the JAVA system running the EP core components) and SAP XSS (selfservices, with technical system the JAVA system running the XSS components). When I try to download the requiered software with the MOPZ however I recieve the following error message in the select OS/DB dependent files screen:

Internal Error: unable to get software components for instance Portal Content Self Services of EHP5 FOR SAP ERP 6.0-03 (12/2010)

After this, I can't continue.

When I try to download software for and EHP4 ABAP only (thus no technical JAVA system assigned in SMSY) the selection/calculation of files appear to go fine. The same if I use a JAVA only system.

Can anyone advise on this?

Thanks,

Regards,

Bart Groot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that you select SAP Application serve Java and other technical usage as relevant technical usage in SMSY for the system.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It appeared that SMSY information was not correct due to not all components of SAP XSS being installed on the JAVA stack.

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Bart

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bart, Can you please maintain your satellite/child/managed system with complete product information in SMSY tcode and also it would be helpful if you implement/execute landscape verification wizard on you Solution manager system

that will help in have a correct patch files selection in MOPZ as per product.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e093b3ce-c034-2d10-01bc-b51f1691d...

hope it helps you.

Regards, Amber S | AO

Edited by: Amber S on Jun 2, 2011 9:23 PM