cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport type when copying transports to other system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

probably a simple question. I have to transport couple transports from one system to another, there is no link between the systems.

I have created one (mass) transport which include objects of these transports, but I am not sure what type of the transport should I choose (transport of copies, relocations (it is not clear to me)), also I do not want to release the one big transport to Q systems transport queue. I just want it to create the cofiles to move to other system.

So question will be how to copy this one transport (via cofile, data file), or if it is possible to release transport without target system?

Thanks in advance

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure that STMS is configured in your system, since it is a stand alone system you can make it as a Domain Controller also. After that goto transaction se10 and check for the transaction which are in modifiable state. Then relese the transport starting from the inner request corresponding the transport request created by you.

Note that once you release this trasaction data files and cofiles are created in trans directory, and you have to manullay copy these files to the system in which you want to transport these files.

After that goto transaction stms_impot in the target system and add this transport request and import it. the data in the transport reuest will qutomatically gets imported the.

Thanks

Rattandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create mutiple "Transport of copies" and assign a certain number of objects from your existing TR to those as per your discretion (to divide the large number).

You can release the TR without target system and manually add it to target queue as well.

Regards,

Shantanu